Hunting for Stop Losses - page 9

Maksim Neimerik:
They're not chasing your stop)))) but the crowd, and the fact that you put virtual stops proves nothing at all.

Ahhhh... There you go...

It turns out we just have different terminology. I've always thought of "stop chasing" as using the knowledge of my particular DC stops. And in your understanding - it's a normal market movement towards buying or selling. It's understandable that if most traders cover losses at some point, the price starts moving in that direction, "knocking out stoplosses". But in my opinion, it's not "stoploss hunting" - it's just moving towards volumes...

In that case, virtual stops just prove that the market is moving towards more volume...

Yuriy Asaulenko:

Popularly: Crowds are volumes

No, a crowd is not about volumes. A crowd is a lot of people with relatively little money. Large volumes are concentrated in a small group of traders (1% of the world's population has 50% of the world's money). They are the ones directing the market.

George Merts:

Ahhhh... There you go...

It turns out we just have different terminology. I've always thought of "stop chasing" as using the knowledge of my particular DC stops. And in your understanding - it's a normal market movement towards buying or selling. It's understandable that if most traders cover losses at some point, the price starts moving in that direction, "knocking out stoplosses". But, in my opinion, it's not a "stoploss hunt" - it's just a movement towards volumes...

In that case the virtual stops just prove that the market is moving exactly in the direction of more volume...

Georges, at least don't get involved in this bogey. This forum is already full of idiot machine-gunners.

Either I'm getting really old, or I'm getting more and more annoyed by morons with open torsos and a lack of intelligence.

I don't like retards, I'm not politically correct.

The market moves for the money is its fuel so to speak, where more stop orders are piled up, that's where it goes.

Олег avtomat:

Why such a painful reaction?...

just like that.

Viktor Korchagin:

Maybe I need to put more stop losses or maybe a small TM?

I've stopped putting stops, but I'm closing the risks manually

Viktor Korchagin:

The market moves for the money is its fuel so to speak, where more stop orders have accumulated it goes there.

Supported by

Yuriy Asaulenko:

It's not profitable! Just calculate how much it costs and, if you had the dough, you'd give it up). It's not the stops that are being hunted.

Market makers benefit from it, they pull the price to stops, and then the stops start to work and the price goes where they need to and they're in the black, and if they fail, they won't hurt, they just did their job, they created volatility in the market, and they'll be in the black anyway.)

Viktor Korchagin:

The market follows the money, it is its fuel, so to speak, where more stop orders have accumulated, that is where it goes.

+100% Exactly, stops are the energy that drives the markets. And the hunt for them goes on, only not by specific people and organizations, but by the market as an element. Not out of malice, but by virtue of its structure. It cannot do otherwise.

Price rises not because they buy, but because it knocks out sellers' stops. It takes sellers, not buyers, to drive prices up. You can see this perfectly in the pictures of Oanda, during powerful moves.

If bears' stops are triggered, this may cause an upside movement and bullish stops will be triggered later and this will go up and down forever. This is almost all you need to know to create the Grail.The energy loss on each movement does not let the chart degenerate into a "saw-tooth" in the end, though it tends to do so. Plus, fractality adds to the complexity. That is why all market charts, of all times and at all dimensions look like this and not otherwise.

The process takes place on different dimensions, starting from ticks and upwards to infinity and it is important not to confuse them, trading strictly in the chosen dimension. There is nothing else and never has been in the markets, except this simple process.

Wizard2018:

+100% Exactly, stops are the energy that sets the markets in motion. And they are hunted, only not by specific people and organisations, but by the market as an element. Not out of malice, but by virtue of its structure. It cannot do otherwise.

Price rises not because they buy, but because it beats out sellers' stops. It takes sellers, not buyers, to drive prices up. You can see it perfectly in the pictures of the same Oanda, during powerful moves.

If bears' stops are triggered, this may cause an upside movement and bullish stops will be triggered later and this will go up and down forever. This is almost all you need to know to create the Grail.The energy loss on each movement does not let the chart degenerate into a "saw-tooth" in the end, though it tends to do so. Plus, fractality adds to the complexity. That is why all market charts, of all times and at all dimensions look like this and not otherwise.

The process takes place on different dimensions, starting from ticks and upwards to infinity and it is important not to confuse them, trading strictly in the chosen dimension. There is nothing else in the markets and never has been, except this simple process.

100% exactly like that!

Reason: