Would you sign up for such a signal if I made a 5% drawdown ?

And calculate the annual interest rate and realise that no one in their right mind would sign up, it's much more profitable to give it to the bank

Aleksey Vakhrushev:
You may calculate the annual percentage and realize that no one in their right mind would agree, it's much more profitable to give it to the bank.

You can increase the profits, but the drawdown will increase. As long as there is nothing to do about it, there is nothing to optimize.

Although there will be nothing much to optimise afterwards, but I will make a 5% drawdown. Profit will be 100% a year with a guarantee against loss, almost)

Aleksey Vakhrushev:
And calculate the annual percentage? and realize that no one in their right mind would sign up, it's much more profitable to give it to the bank.

Not only profitable, but safer. There's zero drawdown.

And if it wasn't, then......

We need to remove loki from the strategy, at the very least :)

Mesaoria:
We need to remove the locks from the strategy, at least :)

What's the maximum?

So if you remove the locks, it will work for 17 years and won't sell out?

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

It is possible to increase the profit, but the drawdown will increase. There is nothing to do about it - there is nothing to optimize.

Although there will be nothing much to optimise afterwards, but I will make a 5% drawdown. Profit will be 100% a year with a guarantee against drainage, almost)

This is a different robot will be to drawdown five profit will be 10 times less, ie with your data 35% for 17 years, this is inconsolable is sad, even max drawdown 25000 at 10000 starting, it's generally sad

Aleksey Vakhrushev:

This is a different robot, so that the drawdown was five profit will be 10 times smaller, i.e. with your data 35% over 17 years, it is inconsolable is sad, and even max drawdown 25000 at 10000 starting, it is generally sad

No, it won't. The algorithm will be the same (locking), but the drawdown will be 5% due to many things. I will not go into the algorithm now.

Ibragim Dzhanaev:

No, it will not decrease. The algorithm will be the same (locking), but the drawdown will be 5% due to many things. I will not go into the algorithm now.

What do you mean it won't decrease? It looks like equity drawdown. It would be strange to post the reports of a super-unprofitable Expert Advisor and write no no, the robot will be different.

Aleksey Vakhrushev:

How come it won't decrease? In my opinion, it shows equity drawdown. I think it is strange to post reports of a super-unprofitable Expert Advisor and say no, the robot will be different.

I wrote above that the algorithm will not change. I'm not going to discuss the Expert Advisor. I just want to know, will people subscribe to a signal that makes 100% a year, with a drawdown of 5% ?

If honestly, what confuses me about other people's trading robots it's three things - lack of knowledge of decision-making algorithm for entry and exit and therefore the inability to control it, the lack of statistics for 1,5-2 years and the discovery that I made for myself - having tested MT4 with 14 brokers - is the difference in spreads, swaps, quotes, leverage and margin - that eventually may make a highly profitable strategy with low profit or even unprofitable, that's why I believe only in what I see and check myself. Some words about brokers. I do not know who trades with who, but my choice has stopped on the forex club and fxopen, and the latter judging by the reviews have problems with payments, as well as with support, as they could not open my account in a week, so there is only forex club, I wanted to test alpha - but it is very difficult to register - a lot of documents. I have come to such a conclusion, I have spent a lot of time for such simple conclusions. I already have my robots for trading with good test results for the last 1.5 years, and what else I understood - do not be afraid of the stops on the gold, my robots only for gold - 100-150 points and a drawdown of 30-40% - if the robot showed a profit of 3000-4000%.

Reason: