Chatter about the MT5 strategy tester - page 8

Yuriy Zaytsev:
:-) yeah, i kinda don't want to deprive your family of $10,000

That's what everyone says when they don't want to argue. don't listen to anyone, check the method yourself with links to the folder.

Andrey Dik:

I pay $100 for hosting.
VPS for 25gb of disk or have you summed up multiple hosting? Then you should have written "hosting".

Renat Fatkhullin:
VPS for 25gb of disk or have you summed up multiple hosting? Then you should have written "hosting".

one hosting 25 gb of hard disk and 2.5 gb of opera.

Andrey Dik:

That's what everyone says when they don't want to argue. don't listen to anyone, check the method yourself with references to the folder.

They say one man is a fool and the other a scoundrel. The scoundrel knows that he will win the bet.

I don't want to be a scoundrel - :-) , well I don't want you to be in the other - described by me - position.

Well I know your theoretical couch - it creaked again under the weight of theoretical thoughts. Andrey, I'm only joking, don't get angry ;-)

Yuriy Zaytsev:

They say that when there is an argument, one fool and another scoundrel, the scoundrel knows that he will win.

I do not want to be a scoundrel :-) and I do not want you to find yourself in another position as I have described.

I know your theoretical couch is creaking again. Andrey, I was only joking, don't get angry ;-)

What, already tried to work with one folder on the link? Can not create a link? Do not worry, you can do it, I know, google a little and everything will work out.

You're on the wrong side of the argument again.... Look, a little later Renat will come and say what can be done and will be done. What will you sing then? - You will end up with the same thing as in the cloud story.

Andrey Dik:

one hosting 25 gb of hard disk space and 2.5 gb of opera.
Overprice. Unless you count special zones.

Renat Fatkhullin:
Overprice. Unless you count special areas.

I'm sorry, what is this? Overpriced?
I work with a dedicated hosting company which can host VPS wherever is convenient for the client, NY4, LD4, so it's expensive, but fast (0-1ms ping).

Yuriy Zaytsev:

You're all clear :-) oh my god... if any of the professionals had seen it, they would have laughed! flags ;-))) what the hell are flags !

You have 100 ticks at one point in time, and you only need to record one!

---

and your 100 terminals are competing for the file by locking it down one by one? --- you have to realize that 100 terminals have no idea what's going on with each other

and 100 more ticks from the same instrument come next and you haven't got them sorted out yet

I analyze other symbols and there's the same funny rubbish!

You seem to have switched from databases to the Slow file method :-))) and let's go back to the databases. How do you cope with recording from 100 terminals in one source - there should be one record with one ID - and not 100 records

Did this once:https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1316#c4_1

It is clear that without a DB, the only way to have an adequate exchange between terminals without dll, is to lock one file and compete for access to it, like this tin:

do
{
   handle = FileOpen("data.bin", FILE_WRITE|FILE_COMMON);
}
while(handle == INVALID_HANDLE)

There are craftsmen who organize synchronization of trading environment via WebRequest and intermediate server (look for deal copiers in Market).

It is clear that all this is slow and wipes holes on users' hard drives, but what can you do if the database was not given to us (and will not be).

Vasiliy Sokolov:

Did this once:https://www.mql5.com/ru/articles/1316#c4_1

It is clear that without a database, the only way to adequately exchange between terminals without dll is to lock one file and compete for access to it, like this tin:

There are craftsmen who organize synchronization of trading environment via WebRequest and intermediate server (see deal copiers in Market).

It is clear that all this is slow and wipes holes on users' hard drives, but what can we do if we are not given (and will not be given) DB.

You see, Yuri, there are solutions! And you could get all this out of the box in MT!

It's just that MT's ideology is such that it doesn't imply having several copies of running terminals, so there's no task to access a single database.

Andrey Dik:

What, have you tried working with one folder by reference already? Can't create a link? Don't worry, you can do it, I know you can, a little googling will do it.

You're on the wrong side of the argument again.... Look, a little later Renat will come and say what can be done and will be done. What will you sing then? - You will end up with the same thing as in the story with the cloud.

You are talking about reading the history from one zone - from one folder for a group by the terminal, the history is not changed, it is solved without any problems. It has been known for a long time about customizable mapping.

That's not it, you downloaded the history from one terminal and then referred to it from other terminals - no big deal... that's not the problem.

Reason: