Analyse the most important STATISTICAL characteristics of the pattern and choose a method of trading on it. - page 6

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

Don't tell me what to claim and I won't tell you what classic technical analysis you should do
And you don't tell me next time that my opinion is nonsense if you can't prove anything. But what you can't prove, I can prove easily).

Реter Konow:
And don't tell me next time that my opinion is rubbish if you can't prove anything. But what you can't prove, I can prove easily).

I'm not telling you that your opinion is rubbish, I'm telling you that classic tehanalysis is rubbish. And all the more so if you sit and waste your time and code trends and flattens, when there are plenty of well-implemented indicators, the entire code base is full of

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

I'm not telling you that your opinion is bullshit, I'm telling you that classical technical analysis is bullshit

OK, this conversation stretches back to the last thread. You have the right to think classical technical analysis is nonsense, but to think my opinion is nonsense and tell me so, then you need to be able to prove it with action.

Реter Konow:

OK, this conversation stretches back to the last thread. It is your right to consider classical technical analysis as nonsense, but to consider my opinion as nonsense and tell me so, then you need to be able to prove it.

Well, opinions are a fickle thing... Some people do not even need to talk about it, everyone understands it... and someone thinks that the analysis is good, but does not trade on it and does not earn money

In forex, every wrong move makes a loss.
No one has to prove that the strategy is wrong, to save nerves and money all strategies should be considered loss-making by default. And only after proving in practice that the strategy is profitable, one can verbalise about it.

In the "is the strategy unprofitable" argument, the default answer is yes, it is. An argument in favour of a strategy can be a signal, an advisor or something like that. Someone else's opinion is not an argument.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

... I'm saying that classic technical analysis is nonsense. And it is all the more ridiculous to sit and waste time and code trends and flattens, when there are plenty of well-implemented indicators, the entire code base is crammed with

1. What do you think banks use to analyse the market?

2. Which indicators, specifically, can you recommend?

What is not TA's work?

https://charts.mql5.com/14/858/usdrub-tom-h1-ao-otkritie-broker.png

Files:

-Aleks-:

1. What do you think banks use to analyse the market?

2. Which indicators, specifically, can you recommend?

What is not TA's work?

https://charts.mql5.com/14/858/usdrub-tom-h1-ao-otkritie-broker.png

AHAH... cans... tins?

Banks use models to control their risk, not to trade

nice scenery in the picture, is that where it is these days?

Реter Konow:

You are not able to program a single pattern - neither flat, nor trend, nor Elliott Waves, not even levels - and yet you groundlessly claim that it is all nonsense.

P.S. If you can't prove in the tester that classical technical analysis is rubbish - don't say it's useless for algorithmic trading.

and you are capable of giving a clear mathematical definition to your concepts of trend, flat, idiot waves, etc.?

If not, then you don't have a clear trading algorithm and you trade at random, based on pictures that attract you but you can't precisely evaluate them ... how can you prove anything to someone if you can't even clearly define your patterns?

graphs consist of numbers, so they can be numerically formulae and can be expressed mathematically...

and if you can, it means there's a Wass algorithm, and any clear algorithm can always be programmed

nowi:

Are you capable of giving a clear mathematical definition to your notions of trend, flat, idiot waves, etc.?

If not, then you don't have a clear trading algorithm and you're just trading at random, based on pictures that appeal to you but you don't know what it is that you can't give an accurate assessment of... how can you prove anything to anyone if you can't even give a clear definition to your patterns?

graphs consist of numbers, so they can be numerically formulae and can be expressed mathematically...

and if you can, it means there is a Wass algorithm and any clear algorithm can always be programmed

All of the above patterns are concrete and their definitions can be found in any book on technical analysis. Open for example a book by John Murphy. It's all there.

That modern "programmers" can't program any of this properly to check is another matter.

Without serious checking in the tester, on the history, of patterns detected by means of manual technical analysis one cannot groundlessly state that it's all nonsense.

The question was exactly this.

Maxim Dmitrievsky:

AHAH... cans... tins?

Banks use models to control their risks, not to trade

nice scenery in the picture, where is that nowadays?

About banks - there is a document from the Central Bank or the Ministry of Finance - you have to look for it, which describes technical analysis - a document to be used by financial institutions.

Screenshot from the USDRUB_TOM chart (MOEX currency section).

Reason: