Registration for the MetaQuotes-Demo Championships in May - page 69

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Very short!

Vitaly! Why didn't you say anything in the video about the drawdown, which is taken into account in the formula!!!! Why?

Well, instead of "allegedly" or "allegedly" just for the sake of the experiment, put the balance in the formula instead of equity and see what the score shows. No need for idle speculation, do it, see what happens.

Andrey Dik:

Vitaly! Why didn't you say a word in the video about the drawdown, which is taken into account in the formula!!!! Why?

Well, instead of "allegedly" or "allegedly", just for the sake of the experiment, put the balance in the formula instead of equity and see what the score shows. No need for idle speculation, do it, see what happens.

I will not do it due to the fact that not everyone will close positions on the last day and the result will not be reliable. We do not have the ability to close everything and everyone, and this is not a reason for disqualification.

Vitaly Muzichenko:
I will not do it because not everyone will close positions on the last day and the result will not be reliable. We don't have the ability to close everything and everyone, and this is not a reason for disqualification.

You are completely out of touch, Vitaly. We're not talking about disqualification now. See what happens if you put balance instead of equity in the formula. And compare it. Upload two screenshots here, with equity calculation and balance calculation.

And I ask again, why didn't you say anything in the video about the fact that the formula already takes into account the drawdown!

OK, I'll answer for you - if you mention in the video the maximum drawdown, which is already included in the formula, it will completely override what you are talking about in the video.

Andrey Dik:

You are completely out of touch, Vitaly. We're not talking about disqualification right now. See what happens if you put balance instead of equity in the formula. And compare it. Upload two screenshots here, with equity calculation and balance calculation.

And again, why didn't they say anything in the video that the formula already takes into account the drawdown?

Please! Top Equity, bottom Balance.

On the contrary.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Please! Up is Equity, down is Balance

The other way round.

There you go, now you see that what you said in the video is utter rubbish?

And in the video they say that like with a huge drawdown if you calculate the score by balance, the score will be grossly overstated. So now look at these screenshots, see? The drawdown is already built into the formula, so it does not matter if the equity is below the balance - it is already factored into the formula! Moreover, if we implemented the balance rather than the equity, the score will not cheat anyone, because if one time it got dirty (a large drawdown), it will be always taken into account in the equation. However, if the equity is higher than the balance (if calculated by equity), it will negate the calculated drawdown, which will lead to the observer's delusion.

Andrey Dik:

I see that my arguments have not been heard by the majority (a couple of people who agree with my point of view cannot make a difference).

I will therefore no longer participate in this wonderful event, by its very design, unfortunately.

Add a third nomination and no more arguments on the subject of balance-equity. It should be supported by the author of the idea.

On 25.04.2017, the rules discussion ends for the May championship . At 18:00 MSK - final verdict

There is still time, I ask participants not to make hasty conclusions yet ........

Server Muradasilov:

On 25.04.2017, the rules discussion ends for the May championship . At 18:00 MSK - final verdict

There is still time, I ask participants not to make hasty conclusions yet ........

Made full tests, results

Formulas:

$sceq= ($row['balance']-$eq_min)/($eq_max-$eq_min)*1.5; // balance || equity
$scdd= 1-($row['drawdown']-$dd_min)/($dd_max-$dd_min)*1;
$scsh= ($row['ratio']-$sh_min)/($sh_max-$sh_min)*0.5; // шарп

$scdl= 1-($row['dl']-$dl_min)/($dl_max-$dl_min)*1; // загрузка депозита
Files:
contest.zip  756 kb

At a glance, those with negative gains go straight into the red zone.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Did the full tests, the results

Formulas:

Good, thank you for your hard work.

Now look at the example of Alexander Laur. His equity score is higher than his balance, which is what I was talking about. He suffered a tremendous drawdown and if we calculate the score based on equity, it turns out to be too high because higher equity than the balance starts to compensate for the drawdown.

In addition, the balance describes a strictly completed trading cycle, opening - closing, while the equity only indicates the position opening without saying anything about how the position will be closed in the future. In addition, the formula includes the maximum drawdown in the entire trade which can only change dynamically in the direction of increasing, i.e. in the direction of deterioration of the indicator, i.e. this value cannot be improved by any tricks. On the other hand, trading on equity can be manipulated - it is enough to load the deposit to 100% hoping for good luck and getting an advantage over other participants. Such tricks will not work if balance is used as it is a full open-close trade cycle.

Reason: