Damned Martin - page 25

khorosh:
Well, it's not an algorithm, it's just general principles. Algorithm is when you can immediately write code on it. For example: "search for input" - there is no information here. There may be millions of ways of searching.

Yes, I agree, wrong name.

Although, judging by your answer, you don't need it at all.

In this case it is better not to close on TP and reopen on a trend, but when the TP level is reached, pull up a limit order afterwards. In this way, at least the spread is not widened and one losing step is removed.

But this is just from the "compendium of tactics and tricks".

Maxim Kuznetsov:
In this case it would be better not to use the "close at TP" method and reopen the order when the level of "TP" is reached and then pull up the Limit order. This way, at least the spread is not widened and one losing step is removed.

But this is only from the "compendium of tactics and tricks".

Not a bad option, thank you.

Only now we need to add a lock breaker at 0.

trader781:

then that's what I need.

How do you build a grid with a martin in that case?

I didn't notice the question right away. This is what is known as a reversal martin. When the trend changes, we enter with a larger lot in the new direction. There is a very large Avalanche thread dedicated to this principle.

khorosh:

Didn't notice the question straight away. This is what is known as a reversal martin. When the trend changes, you enter with a larger lot in the new direction. A very large Avalanche thread is dedicated to this principle.

I looked through the thread - very bad idea.

trader781:
Looked through the thread - very bad idea.

If each order is not opened thoughtlessly, but using technical analysis, the results can be decent.

Here is my latest variant. Test results from 01.01.2016.

The idea:
Open two trades. In different directions. With different magicians. Martinite each direction separately.
But when, on one of the sides trades will be more equal to 4...x, then the second direction is included to help the first direction. Then the drawdown will be out of the drawdown quickly.

This is the first one.
But we can also help both of them to help each other. So that the Martin of one side would use the profits of the other direction for averaging.

khorosh:

If each order is not opened thoughtlessly, but using technical analysis, the results can be decent.

Here is my latest variant. Test results from 01.01.2016.

Good option, but not for my case.

Alexander Ivanov:
Idea:
Open two trades. In different directions. With different magicians. Martinite each direction separately.
But when, on one of the sides trades will be more equal to 4...x, then the second direction is included to help the first direction. Then the drawdown will be out of the drawdown quickly.

This is the first one.
But we can also help both of them to help each other. So that the Martin of one side would use the profits of the other direction for averaging.

Which type of Martin do you mean: trend or counter-trend? With either type of martin, if no tehanalysis is used, decent results are unlikely to be obtained.

khorosh:
What kind of martin do you mean: trend or counter-trend? With any kind of martin, if you don't use tehanalysis, you can hardly get decent results.
If two trades open in different directions at once, it makes no difference whether they are trending or non-trending. Either way, one side will go with the trend.