Where can I buy a book on EA programming? - page 4

Zvezdochet:
explaining the word property ..... I get it again: why is there a line to the right ? Why two? What if it's left? What if it's straight? What if it's just one? he told me: "go ahead and experiment" i did it and the program won't let me compile and down in the basement there is a brick - no transit and error .... I go back to the programmer - what's the problem? He says, "Get off me, you idiot."

It's the syntax of the language, you just have to memorise such things. It's like any foreign language's grammar, when to use the article 'a' and when to use 'the'. When to put a comma and when to put a full stop. If you can explain something to a person in a foreign language and you make it with mistakes, it's more likely that the person will understand what you're trying to say. But the computer needs to be explained without errors, strictly according to the rules. If you forget a semicolon or a closing parenthesis somewhere, it will be a compilation error.
Generally, it's not a very good idea to advise a beginner to read Knuth. If you want to get acquainted with the basics, syntax, basics and learn all this knowledge from a book where the material will be served in a well-organized way, chapter by chapter, as the reader's knowledge increases, with good examples, you can read Schildt's book C#. In this book there is more emphasis on syntax. All basic concepts about Data Types, Operators, Arrays and Strings, Methods and Classes, Variables can be found in it. The differences between Mql4 will be minimal.
Unless, of course, you can take a particular Expert Advisor, a simple one, whose logic is clear from A to Z, and go through the code, press F1, mark unclear expression, and read the help, as advised above.
Personally, I started this way - long time ago I had a very simple EA-news-bulletin which placed pending orders in both directions at a given time. I would display information about spread. When one of the orders triggers, it would delete the opposite one and trash the one that was left. Here, I have read from A to Z and understood what OnInit, OnTick and all other functions are involved there.

Zvezdochet:
A programmer I know told me the same thing:You click on the editor, then click on Create in the upper left corner of the editor and the Expert Advisor creation wizard appears (a square template), then you write the name in English, then you click next, then COMPLIMIT after that. You will find this code in the Experts folder in the Data folder in MQL format. You open this code again in the editor, hover the cursor over a word like property and press F1, and a page will pop up explaining the word. I did it but there are lots of incomprehensible words explaining the word property ..... I got it again: why two lines to the right? Why two? What if it's left? What if it's straight? What about one? he told me: "go ahead and experiment" i did it and the program won't let me compile and down in the basement there is a brick - no transit allowed and errrr .... I go back to the programmer - what's the problem? He says, "Get away from me, you idiot."

The best option is to buy a C++ programming course, then you will understand even more. What you were asking your friend is the basics of programming, if you were asked why 2*2 = 4 and not 5 and couldn't understand it, your reaction would be similar.

Zvezdochet:
I know a programmer friend told me this already:You click on the editor, then click Create in the upper left corner of the editor and the Expert Advisor creation wizard appears (a square template), then you write the name in English, then you click next, then COMPLIMIT after that. You will find this code in the Experts folder in the Data folder in MQL format. You open this code again in the editor, hover the cursor over a word like property and press F1, and a page will pop up explaining the word. I did it but there are lots of incomprehensible words explaining the word property ..... I got it again: why two lines to the right? Why two? What if it's left? What if it's straight? What about one? he told me: "go ahead and experiment" i did it and the program won't let me compile and down in the basement there is a brick - no transit allowed and an error .... I go back to the programmer - what's the problem? He says, "Get away from me, you idiot."

Why do pants wear the way they do? Words and sentences in English and Russian are exactly like that and in exactly that order and rules, why so is a question of special linguistic higher education. Syntax of programming languages is exactly the same, lots of smart people thought about syntax of programming languages for about one decade (c++ creation history probably cannot do without it). Start simply from reading Knuth, there are 5-7 books on the Internet for download, read simply as a book of fiction, and many why, which you have not written here yet will get answers. If after reading these books you still have a strong feeling that this is yp---ay bullshit, 200% that at this time in your life programming is not your thing - everyone is different and there's nothing wrong with it. There, read Galina Bobko's profile, the girl stupidly went to programming courses and buried herself. Now everything is available on the Internet, you don't have to go anywhere. If you want to waste someone else's time with useless questions, no problem, you can get 30$/hour and many will be ready to listen to you and answer your questions.

Andrey Azatskiy:

The best option is to buy a C++ programming course, then you will understand even more. If you were asked why 2*2 = 4 and not 5 and you couldn't understand it, your reaction would be the same.

Why does he need C++? He needs to write programs for MetaTrader in MQL, so he needs to study MQL, and not some approximation.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Why does he need C++? He needs to write programs for MetaTrader in MQL, so he needs to learn MQL, and not some approximation.

The question is on a different plane, the man needs to understand what programming is all about.

Unicornis:

The question is on a different plane, a person needs to comprehend what programming is all about.

Well, then advise .php, it's generally simple.

Vitaly Muzichenko:

Why does he need C++? He needs to write MetaTrader programs in MQL, so he needs to learn MQL, not some approximation.

Do you think that С++ is different from MQL?

The fact that MQL has built-in functions for working with a trade server, history and trade environment, does not make it any different from C++... The only exception is working with pointers and class templates, MQL made it all simplified

What about C++? You'd better learn assembler. That way you won't start writing EAs any longer.

Dmitry Fedoseev:
What about C++? You'd better learn assembler. This way you won't start writing EAs for a long time.

I'd still recommend starting with machine code, so to speak, from the very basics! )))

Igor Makanu:

I'd still recommend starting with machine code, so to speak, from the very basics! )))

Then you should start with 3rd grade maths).

In fact, if there is anything to learn, it's what you need to write a specific program, rather than something approximate. Advisors)

Reason: