Twisting and turning, iMA's trying to cheat - page 5

Renat Akhtyamov:

Apart from that I would like to add:

Crossing 2 iMAs as a signal is a machine to siphon the spread from the trader

Did your religion tell you so? :)) About 3-4 years ago my group and I wrote an Expert Advisor based on crossovers of 2 MA + ADX in order not to open at flat. And we analyzed the MA slopes. The result was not so good, about 20% per month, but positive.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Did your religion tell you so? :)) About 3-4 years ago my group and I developed an Expert Advisor based on crossovers of 2 MA + ADX in order not to open at flat. And we analyzed the MA slopes. The result was not so good, about 20% per month, but positive.

And of course you quote the results based on the tester....

That's a shame.

Stop putting things into people's heads that no one has ever made money on in real life.

Renat Akhtyamov:

And of course you quote the results based on the tester....

That's a shame.

Stop putting things into people's heads that no one has ever made money on in real life.

Stop attributing your thoughts to me. Tester to hell, trade on cent.

Alexey Volchanskiy:
Stop attributing your thoughts to me. Tester's out of business, traded on a cent.

I'll believe a month, tops.

with returns like that you don't have to go to school or open the same school

Any options formarking hi-lo in real time with a minimum likelihood of false positives with iMA?

trader781:
Any options on how tomark hi-lo in real time with a minimum probability of false positives with the iMA?
How do you envisage this?

Vladimir Karputov:

Karputov, please clarify. In the title bar it says:

I read the title of the topic: Type, you spin iMA and want to cheat it.

I follow the linkhttps://www.mql5.com/ru/docs/indicators/ima and read: "iMAwill return the handle of moving average indicator".

Question: How are you going to cheat the handle?

Vladimir Karputov:
How do you envisage this?

Like this, a couple more filters need to be added in the form of an iMA

https://www.mql5.com/ru/charts/6217533/usdcad-h1-metaquotes-software-corp

График USDCAD, H1, 2016.12.03 19:01 UTC, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 4, Demo
График USDCAD, H1, 2016.12.03 19:01 UTC, MetaQuotes Software Corp., MetaTrader 4, Demo
  • www.mql5.com
Символ: USDCAD. Период графика: H1. Брокер: MetaQuotes Software Corp.. Торговая платформа: MetaTrader 4. Режим торговли: Demo. Дата: 2016.12.03 19:01 UTC.

trader781:

Like this, a couple more filters need to be added in the form of an iMA

https://www.mql5.com/ru/charts/6217533/usdcad-h1-metaquotes-software-corp

Just a picture. Try to explain how iMA can "mark hi-lo in real time with a minimum probability of false positives?"

trader781:

Like this, we need to add a couple more filters in the form of iMA

Don't repeat the terms in the wrong context.

There is no iMA indicator - there is an MA orMoving Average indicator

And iMA is just a function of getting theMoving Average indicator handle.

Look at other users' posts -- only the main threader is using iMA for some reason -- all others, who know what I'm talking about, are using MA.