What is the optimum depth of history for identifying a useful signal? - page 11

profits

khorosh:
Judging by the fact that you are offering to show on any simple EA that it can work profitably, your principle is only in the method of optimizing the EA (using the optimum depth of history, the frequency of optimization, etc.). Did I understand you correctly?
There is no methodology of optimization ... only a properly selected depth of history

The profitability on the minutes is low... I think the reason is clear.

ZaPutina:

So the question was about the depth of history, and you're talking about profit...

Although there are options for measuring the depth of history in pips, but that's not what I meant.

Is it a trick or am I not writing in Russian?))) You asked me to do a test on the minutes... So I did it and showed you that my profit was 27 pips for today's day at the moment

And in general, I don't see any difference in matching the depth of a story to a parameter, and matching a parameter to the depth of a story...

azfaraon:
There is no optimization methodology ... only the right depth of history
So you think that any Expert Advisor can work profitably, if the depth of history, on which the optimization is performed, is defined correctly? And what is the criterion used to determine that it's time for a new optimization? Or, the periodic optimization is not needed when the history is optimized correctly, and the Expert Advisor will work with profit for many years in a row?

azfaraon:
Is this a joke or am I not writing in Russian?))) You asked me to do a test on the minutes ... Here I did it and showed you that the profit was 27 pips for today's day at the moment
You may be wondering why I'm here.

"So you think that any Expert Advisor can work profitably if the depth of history on which the optimization is performed is defined correctly? "Yes, according to the depth method it is.

"What's the criterion used for defining the time for new optimization? The depth method itself.

"If you choose the optimal history, you don't need periodic optimization, and the Expert Advisor will work profitably for many years in a row"? Youdon't need periodic optimization, but it will work as long as the depth selection method determines.

ZaPutina:
The funny thing is that the original question was about the depth of history.
ZaPutina: I'm talking about the depth. I'm talking about the method of choosing the optimal depth of history, at which the optimization is done, so that the EA will work without optimization for some time.

azfaraon:
ZaPutina: I'm talking about the depth ... I'm talking about the method of selecting the optimal depth of history, at which the optimization is done, so that the EA will work without optimization for some time ...
Well, how about the depth if you put 27 points, I don't see where it is - this calculated depth in your posts. Do you see it? Where is this mythical number for my proposed experiment on minutes, under the conditions described above ...
Reason: