Can you tell me how to determine the direction of the trend? - page 5

DhP:
I'm sorry, but you're not drawing the support levels of the downward movement correctly.

I didn't say they were support levels. And don't forget that they were drawn a long time ago - search the thread.

AlexeyFX:

I can't understand how the blue levels were built and how they would help me, even if I had seen them 2-3 weeks ago.

So object. Preferably with a reasoned argument.

I can't do it in a more reasoned way than history itself. I have long been impressed by your thoroughness, so I am sure you will find evidence of it in the story.

DhP:

I don't give lessons. That is everyone's exclusive business. In any case, you should not take my remarks as an attempt to "put you down".

I don't need to.

But you need to learn how to trade. I'm sorry.

That's fine. However, if you don't plan to explain your lines - you don't need to let them go.

tara:

I didn't say they were support levels. And don't forget that they were drawn a long time ago - search the thread.
I apologise.

ktest0:

That's great. However, if you don't plan to explain your lines - no need to let them go.

I admit it. It is always easier to admonish than to teach.

I'll give you that.

DhP:
I apologise.

Dont mention.

AlexeyFX:

The yen is the yellow line in the picture. What makes it so different from other currencies that you call it non-market? It has been on the chart for almost a month.

The direction can also be a trend. Although I prefer to call direction a direction. This is a matter of demagogy and verbiage. All I'm saying is that a trend is by no means a channel. Moreover, a channel is evil, support and resistance lines are evil, nothing in nature or the market moves in a straight line.

Of the yen currencies I look at pound/yen - what is not marketable? - There is no pullback, it does not stop buyers, the japanobank sells it - it prints and sells it - the forest (paper) is probably our siberian.

the trend may be a channel, it may just be the direction (it's visible later). Everything is possible and it may go backwards in a straight line. Why evil? - Because there are no absolutes. Price has the right to rebound - from any pattern.

PapaYozh:

He said that they were not built, but "were generated by the trend".

They are the children of the trend.

Yes, these are child objects of the trend which are recognised as possible counter-trend levels.

Previous trend, and for the current one they become targets (like today), or support/resistance start levels.

Ishim:

Of the yen, I'm looking at pound/yen - what's not marketable? - no kickbacks don't stop buyers, japanobank sells it - prints and sells prints and sells - the wood (paper) is probably our siberian.

All currencies are printed by someone. Someone buys it, someone sells it, this is the market. All serious japanobank actions on my picture would look like yellow line jumps out of the picture (strong external influences), but I don't see anything like that for a month.

Ishim:

maybe the trend is channeling maybe it's just directional (you can see how it was going afterwards). Yes, there are variants and it may be a bounce in a straight line. Why is it evil? - Because there is no absolute. Price has the right to rebound - from any pattern.

A good analysis method should be able to explain any variant in real time if not proactively. If it does not always do so, or does it with a delay, or must first select some variant on an unclear basis, then it is a bad method.

SDhP:
I can't make it any more reasoned than the story itself. I have long been impressed by your scrupulousness, so I am sure you will find evidence for it in the story.

It's not even meticulousness. It's more of a certain amount of amazement... how similar misconceptions from a century or more ago from the stock and commodity markets can be professed by intelligent and educated people in 2013 in a completely different market.

AlexeyFX:

It's not even scrupulousness. It is rather a certain amount of amazement... how similar misconceptions from a century or more ago from stock and commodity markets can be professed by intelligent and educated people in 2013 in a completely different market.

I too have held this view for quite some time.

But history does teach! And was forced to change my views. History is repeating itself today. And this cannot be ignored.

Reason: