Statistics, optimisation and "lucky coin" .... - page 4

Are you interested in my understanding of the term, or my way of recognising a pattern?

tara:
Are you interested in my understanding of the term, or the way of recognising a pattern?

The only way, really, is to use your brain.

No objection :)

Azerus:

If you are willing/able to identify the demagogy/logical fallacy in the above statement, it would be extremely interesting....

It's not a logical error, it's more of a philosophical one. Who says your system will make any money? Nobody, there is never 100% certainty, just as there is no certainty that we will be alive tomorrow at all. As I recall, the Tibetan Book of the Dead says that there are only two facts we know for sure about death: that it will inevitably happen and that we can never guess in advance when it will happen. Nevertheless, there is no reason to deny an afterlife. It's the same with market patterns: absolutely every one of them will stop working at some point, but that doesn't mean that the coupon-cutting opportunities will end there. In short, pray, fast, listen to Radonezh radio, and everything will be chikipuka.

Oh, these people are weak these days,
Fight with these people!
I'd like to fight the hell out of them,
!!!!

tara:
Oh, these people are weak these days,
Fight with these people!
I'd like to fight the hell out of them,
!!!!

well that's easy - print out your year's worth of real account statements and you'll be sobered up in no time....

Demi:

Well, it's very simple - print out your real account statement for the year and you'll get right down....

I come here to relax.

tara:

Да я отдохнуть сюда захожу. 

Yeah. That's right.)

Volodya the spider is Stanley Drakkenmiller

and C-4 is George Soros

but it's a sucrut, don't tell anyone about it

tara:
Don't worry, you'll be fine, I found out.

are you a boy or a girl?

Alexei, but...

tara:
Who are you?

got it
Reason: