Create a simple Martingale - page 6

Baronardi, try khorosh. He might be able to tell you something.

Personally, I don't have any positive feelings about martingale - it's not even a trading system, it's just a risky betting system.

I don't have much fondness for Martingale either))))

After several sleepless nights with various plum advisors)))) and tester))))

Do you need to create a sluicebox?

There's a lot of this "stuff" to google......

For the author's reflection

I used a common MACD Sample.mq4 which is in every MT4. Then, instead of Lots, I introduced the GetLots() function instead of Lots.

Then, instead of Lots, I introduced the function GetLots() in the order opening, which checks the last closed trades and increases the lot if there are several losing trades.

Well, check it out.

this is for a couple of months from march 2013 till may on 5minute

Originally this EA was losing my deposit but after I connected a martingale it started giving something)))

Files:

There are actually not many trades, and the initial capital can be taken closer to the real one (say, around $1000).

We have people here who like to trade 0.01 on initial capital of $1000000 ($limon). The drawdowns turn out to be miserable, just graals come out.

The idea is actually not a bad one, but...

The best way to make an adequate estimation is the initial capital of $1000, constant lot 0.1 and not less than 1000 trades. If profitability is 2.5-3 and max drawdown (any) is no more than 20%, then you can look at it more closely.

(But I haven't started talking about RF, the return factor... )

To be confident in an EA with a martin, you need to have it working properly for at least 4 years on history.

For example, here is one of the options:

EURUSD symbol (Euro vs US Dollar)

Period 4 Hour (H4) 2009.01.02 08:00 - 2013.05.03 23:59 (2009.01.01 -2013.05.03)

ModelBy open prices (only for Expert Advisors with explicit bar open control)

Modelled ticks 14501

Modeling quality n/a

Chart mismatch errors 0

Initial deposit 15000.00

Net profit 92653.46 Total profit 105263.19 Total loss -12609.73

Profitability 8.35 Expected payoff 180.26

Absolute drawdown 721.77 Maximum drawdown 7613.32 (16.32%) Relative drawdown 25.66% (7206.24)

Total trades 514

Short positions (%. winners) 212 (68.Long positions (% of winners) 302 (71.52%)

Profitable trades (%. of all) 361 (70.23%) Loss trades (% of all) 153 (29.77%)

The most profitable trade was 6833.92 losing trades -458.48

Average profitable trade 291.59 losing trade -82.42

Maximal number of continuous wins 24 (1368.14) continuous losses 7(-1540.62)

Maximum continuous gain (number of wins) 9252.97 (6) continuous loss -1540.62 (7)

Average continuous winnings 6 Continuous loss 3

My MT4 does not want to test on ancient data for some reason))

On the hour chart it may take a year, but if I use 5minute chart it will take 2 months))))

So even if I wanted to i will not be able to do a good test(

i would like to use this as an indicator that i am getting better results.

Baronardi:

My MT4 does not want to test on ancient data for some reason))

On the hour chart it may take a year, but if I use 5minute chart it will take 2 months))))

So even if I wanted to i will not be able to do a good test(

i would like to use this as an indicator that i am getting good results.

In order to be able to test on a longer period of history, the appropriate quotes should be uploaded into the quotes archive. I do not upload my own EAs to the open access.

khorosh:
To be able to test on a longer historical period, the appropriate quotes need to be uploaded into the quotes archive. I do not put my Expert Advisors in the public domain.

Gentlemen,you know what the typical mistake in testing is????

No one takes into account that no one keeps money on the deposit all the time. Sometimes they withdraw and so on..... But on long periods, due to the growth of the deposit and drawdowns are not the same as they were at the beginning with a fixed lot. We do not notice it in the tester .... What if we draw such a slippage line, i.e. equity?

The most appropriate testing is reinvestment of a percent of the deposit. Supposedly, as Mathemat wrote above, one has to start any deal from the starting deposit of $1000. I.e. relatively in time to receive the same profit in pips from the Expert Advisor with the same risk and the same deposit. That is when the test result will be close to reality, or even to real. Put a martin test here under these conditions, and see if it's a sinker or not.

About a million....

There will not be a Russian who will start taking 100 bahcks a month from a milt, respectively a 0.01 lot on a milt is ridiculous, because the annual amount in the bank is higher.

_new-rena:

Gentlemen,you know what the typical mistake in testing is????

No one takes into account that no one keeps money on the deposit all the time. Sometimes they withdraw and so on..... But on long periods, due to the growth of the deposit and drawdowns are not the same as they were at the beginning with a fixed lot. We do not notice it in the tester .... What if we draw such a slippage line, i.e. equity?

The most appropriate testing is reinvestment of a percent of the deposit. Supposedly, as Mathemat wrote above, one has to start any deal from the starting deposit of $1000. I.e. relatively in time to receive the same profit in pips from the Expert Advisor with the same risk and the same deposit. That is when the test result will be close to reality, or even to real. Put a martin test here under these conditions, and see if it's a sinker or not.

About a million....

There will not be a Russian who will start taking 100 bahcks a month from a milt, respectively a 0.01 lot on a milt is ridiculous, because he will get more by the year in the bank.

Maximum drawdown without reinvestment does not depend on the size of the deposit. With reinvestment I also tested it and posted it in the villagers' thread.
Reason: