[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 145

shuli:
borilunad I appeal to you as a programming professional, tell me, is such a script or expert difficult to write or not? (the rest of the statement is redundant - all people are different)
First, I'm not a professional programmer, I just do for myself with the interest to do with their own brains and hands. And I advise you to go to a real professional in the "Jobs" above! For a nominal fee they will do everything you need according to your clear terms of reference.

arabon:

Unfortunately, I couldn't find it. There was something similar, but not the same...

Will this code work?

It will work, but the result will be different. Not what you're expecting.

People, can you tell me how to transfer profiles from one terminal to another?

The problem is that I installed Win 7 and put the terminal on the C drive as usual. And now the new created profiles (templates, indices) simply are not visible through file managers and explorer (compiled and updated profiles, templates, indicators are only visible from the original terminal and its MetaEditor - by means of Win they are not visible, or rather visible only uncompiled and unmodified versions). Manual creation of profiles is a lot of time-consuming. I've already saved all templates and indulators one by one on other logical disk, but a terminal profile cannot be saved in any other place - only in initial terminal (and in some invisible format for file managers).

Lonely_man:

People, can you tell me how to transfer profiles from one terminal to another?

The problem is that I installed Win 7 and put the terminal on the C drive as usual. And now the new created profiles (templates, indices) simply are not visible through file managers and explorer (compiled and updated profiles, templates, indicators are only visible from the original terminal and its MetaEditor - by means of Win they are not visible, or rather visible only uncompiled and unmodified versions). Manual creation of profiles is a lot of time-consuming. I've already saved all templates and indulators one by one on other logical disk, but a profile from terminal can't be saved in any other place - only in initial terminal (and in some kind of invisible format for file managers).

Win 7 is not "motherly" to disk C - very strict access rights. To avoid existing and possible future problems, put terminal NOT on system disk. This can be done by simply moving the terminal folder.

P.S. And if you use several terminals on your computer, it is convenient to change some folders (including those with templates) to symbolic links.

TarasBY:

Win 7 is not "mothering" the C drive - very strict access rights. To avoid existing and possibly future problems, put the terminal NOT on the system drive. This can be done by simply moving the terminal folder.

P.S. And if you use several terminals on your computer, it is convenient to change some folders (including those with templates) to symbolic links.

Now I know it already)) But what to do with existing profiles? Where to get them and how to move them to another disk (I have resaved templates and indices one by one through the terminal to a new path, but I can't select a saving path for the profiles - that is the main problem). Usual copying moves only old profiles (as well as templates and indulgences), which I copied to C drive after installing Win7. I don't know where the new ones are copied to - neither changed indulators, nor templates, nor profiles, which changes have already been made on drive C, are displayed anywhere and are only visible from the terminal. Do I have to collect the profiles manually again? It takes a lot of time((.

Lonely_man:

I know that now)) But what to do with existing profiles? Where do I get them and how do I move them to another disk (I resaved templates and indulgences one by one via terminal to a new path, but I can't select a path for saving profiles - that's the main problem). Usual copying moves only old profiles (as well as templates and indulgences), which I copied to C drive after installing Win7. I don't know where the new ones are copied to - neither changed indulators, nor templates, nor profiles, which changes have already been made on drive C, are displayed anywhere and are only visible from the terminal. Do I have to collect the profiles manually again? It takes much time((.

Look in your user profile somewhere here: c:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\

P.S. And it is supposed that you allowed the system to "show hidden and system files" beforehand.

Can you tell me how to display the indicators in one window?

TarasBY:

Look in your user profile somewhere here: c:\Users\User\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\

P.S. Also, it is assumed that you have previously allowed the system to "show hidden and system files".

I've already done everything and searched everywhere including in all metaquotav directories on disc C, what I found - no new files neither in hidden nor in open (MT4 directory, which I need, in general, at the address you specified is empty, and MT5 - yes, writes there normally all) . In general all the templates, indulators and profiles located in MT4 folder on disc C have the date of creation/updating before installing Win7, and in the same form that I put them there after reinstalling the system. I really need to know where do I put the new files of profiles, indices and templates? I searched all forums, nobody knows. I have to contact the meta-firms themselves - may be they know where all these files are saved, MT4 sees all the changes, it means they are there somewhere.

Is it possible to set permanent graph display settings when testing in visualisation mode?

So that you don't have to change the background colour and other settings every time:

sv.:

Is it possible to set permanent graph display settings when testing in visualisation mode?

So that you don't have to change the background colour and other settings every time:

Make the necessary settings on the chart and save the template as tester.tpl.
Reason: