[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 133

Please advise who knows. I need a code for easy drawing of graphical tools on a chart. Channels, trends, etc. I need the code for the chart, the channels, the trends and so on.

Hello again.

Please advise how to solve the following problem.

There is an indicator in compiled form. The code is not available. The indicator reflects price levels in the main chart window. I want to use these levels for my EA but it's impossible to call the indicator using the iCustom() function - the displayed levels are graphical objects. Is it possible to read the data otherwise, for example, through the object names and time? The names of all the levels are known (available in the indicator settings), the objects are updated once a week.

I want to say right away that I am not very experienced in programming yet, I would be very grateful for a useful reply.

Good afternoon!

Please help me to understand.

In MT4 Strategy Tester does not recognise custom indicators.
For example: I am testing integrated EA Moving Average and it works fine. But if I change the reference to Moving Average indicator in its body via iMA(...) to iCustom(... "Moving Average"...) function, I get a message:
2013.02.03 15:55:46 2013.01.02 10:40 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Alpari MT4_2\experts\indicators\Moving Average.ex4' on the EURUSD,M1

I have tried it on both Windows XP and Windows 7. I also tried to install MT4 in a separate folder outside Program Files. None of the tests have worked.

Thank you!

Victor

victor55:

Good afternoon!

Please help me to understand.

My MT4 Strategy Tester does not recognise custom indicators.
For example: Testing of built-in EA Moving Average goes well. However, if I change the appeal to the Moving Average indicator in the EA body via iMA(...) to iCustom(... "Moving Average"...) function, I get a message:
2013.02.03 15:55:46 2013.01.02 10:40 Cannot open file 'C:\Program Files\Alpari MT4_2\experts\indicators\Moving Average.ex4' on the EURUSD,M1

I have tried both Windows XP and Windows 7. I also tried to install MT4 in a separate folder outside Program Files. I could not get it to work.

Thank you!

Victor

Moving Average.ex4 is in this path on the drive ?

C:\Program Files\Alpari MT4_2\experts\indicators\Moving Average.ex4

BeerGod:

Moving Average.ex4 is in this path on the drive ?

C:\Program Files\Alpari MT4_2\experts\indicators\Moving Average.ex4

Yes! And I can use it as an indicator.

victor55:
Yes! And I can use it as an indicator.

If everything is done as described here https://docs.mql4.com/ru/indicators/icustom try renaming it or removing the spaces in the name if there are any and making the names exactly the same (.ex4 extension in ICustom is not allowed)

BeerGod:
If everything is done as described here https://docs.mql4.com/ru/indicators/icustom try renaming it or removing the spaces in the name if there are any and making the names exactly the same (.ex4 extension in IСustom is not allowed)
OK! Let me try ....

Checked it! Same error. I actually gave the MA as a simple example. The problem is that this error occurs for all EAs, which contain reference to custom indicator.

For example, for eXperts I downloaded from the Internet and tried to run in my code without changing anything.

victor55:

Checked it! Same error. I actually gave the MA as a simple example. The problem is that this error occurs for all EAs containing a reference to a custom indicator.

For example, for experts, which I downloaded from the Internet and without changing anything trying to run in their place.

Hi BeerGod, thanks for your help! I finally figured out the problem! The miracle giants from MetaQuots company helped me. They connected to my computer and quickly found that I did mess up the file names! So, as they say - it's hard to swim in hydrochloric acid :-)

Good luck, Victor

Hello all.

I have an Expert Advisor that works on history (for analysis). I manually set a parameter in it - the time (hours, minutes) of placing orders. I run the EA within the set date range, change the order times and run it again. I do it 96 times (after 15 min) a day. How can I loop it so that it does this by itself?

Reason: