[ARCHIVE]Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Can't go anywhere without you - 5. - page 80

Stomatolog:

I have already solved this, so EA does not open new order on every tick:

If you want to avoid opening too many orders, you have to remove total<1, and add some other condition to prevent opening too many orders. For example not more than one order on a bar, or not less than N minutes till the following order or something else.

For example insert a flag:

int total=OrdersTotal();
 static bool Flag=true;

//--- Открываем сделку на покупку

if (StochSignalPrevious < StochMainPrevious && StochSignalPrevious <20 && StochMainPrevious <20)
   {
    if(Flag) OrderSend(Symbol(),OP_BUY,Lots,Ask,0,Bid-StopLoss*Point,Ask+TakeProfit*Point,"Working Po Stohastiku",333,0,Green);
    Flag=false;
   }
  else Flag=true;

Why do those who create robots, strategies and indicators trade with them instead of making money on Forex?

bond007:
Why do those who create robots, strategies and indicators trade with them instead of earning money on Forex?

Those who earn on Forex do not trade robots, strategies, indicators, but keep them secret like the apple of their eye.)

And those who do not make money can trade....

bond007:
Why do those who create robots, strategies and indicators trade with them instead of making money on Forex?
It is just a different kind of business. It happens that well-known traders earn more with their seminars than they do with trading.
But in our local realities trading advisors is actually a fraudulent business. It is much safer to make an Expert Advisor that shows good results in some parts of the history, and transfer the risk of imminent disaster to the buyer, getting a small but guaranteed sum from the sale.
There is no absolutely profitable automaton and there cannot be one, otherwise Forex would have collapsed long ago.
Understandable people know how to use advisors, adjusting their activity depending on the market situation. But in my opinion this is only available to the author, not the user of someone else's code.

Sepulca:

Those who earn on Forex do not trade robots, strategies, indicators, but keep them secret like the apple of their eye))).

And those who don't make money can also trade....

granit77:
This is just a different kind of business. It happens that famous traders earn more with their seminars than they do with trading.
But in our little town, trading EAs is actually a fraudulent business. It is much safer to make an Expert Advisor that shows good results in some parts of the history, and transfer the risk of imminent disaster to the buyer, getting a small but guaranteed sum from the sale.
There is no absolutely profitable automaton and there cannot be one, otherwise Forex would have collapsed long ago.
Understandable people know how to use advisors, adjusting their activity depending on the market situation. But in my opinion this is available only to the author, not the user of someone else's code.

I see, thank you))

Please explain in detail what "Period14" and "Apply to..." mean when setting the indicator.

And if it's possible, how to make an indicator window separately from the chart?

Konstebl:
Please tell me the function that calculates the minimum distance from the price to place a pending order.

int LEVEL= MarketInfo("EURUSD",MODE_STOPLEVEL);

Hi guys, can you help me with my question? I am new to MQL4, i am writing an EA, i had to writeint total=OrdersTotal();total<1. How to make deals open on all currency pairs, where the EA is installed. And on a single currency pair can open several deals. I've found some code fragments on the forum that seem to fit me, but when I paste them into my EA, it does not compile. If you decide to answer me, please keep it as simple as possible.

Is EURUSD or USDJPY the base currency for the EURJPY cross rate?

sss2019:
Is EURUSD or USDJPY the base currency for the EURJPY cross rate?

And what do you think is the currency (of a particular country)?
Reason: