I propose a new formula for the volatility indicator - page 8

jelizavettka:

How's he doing on the Fifth, without the locs?!

Peter_Zabriski:
What's wrong with that. Volatility is stationary. Well, or almost. Pseudo will do, too.
If someone doesn't know how to take advantage of a girl's plight, that's their ethical problem. I don't have any moral inhibitions.
Can I elaborate (within the limits you allow) on what this means?
Is volatility supposed to be inherently statistically valid patterns?

Here is a selection of oxen from the R

Volatility (CLOSE)

Historical volatility calculation using CLOSEprices

- OHLC volatility: Garman and Klass (garman.klass)

Volatility of Garman and Klass. When calculating volatility on history, it assumes Brownian motion with zero bias and no jumps (i.e. open = close) . This estimation function is 7.4 times more effective than CLOSE estimation

-High-Low Volatility: parkinson

The Parkinson's formula estimates the volatility on the history on High-Lowprices .

- OHLC volatility: rogers and satchell

Roger and Satchell's function for calculating volatility on history takes into account non-zero drift, but does not assume jumps.

- OHLC Volatility: Garman and Klass - Jan and Zang (gk.yz)

This function is a modified version of the Garman and Klass function, which takes into account the opening gaps.

-OHLC Volatility: Yang and Zang (yang.zhang)The Yang and Zang function calculates volatilities on history and has minimal estimation error, and is independent of drift and opening gaps. It can be interpreted as a weighted average of the Rogers and Satchell function,OPEN-CLOSEvolatility

"All stolen before us"

faa1947:

Here is a selection of oxen from the R

Volatility (CLOSE)

Historical volatility calculation using CLOSEprices

- OHLC volatility: Garman and Klass (garman.klass)

Volatility of Garman and Klass. When calculating volatility on history, it assumes Brownian motion with zero bias and no jumps (i.e. open = close) . This estimation function is 7.4 times more effective than CLOSE estimation

-High-Low Volatility: parkinson

The Parkinson's formula estimates the volatility on the history on High-Lowprices .

- OHLC volatility: rogers and satchell

Roger and Satchell's function for calculating volatility on history takes into account non-zero drift, but does not assume jumps.

- OHLC Volatility: Garman and Klass - Jan and Zang (gk.yz)

This function is a modified version of the Garman and Klass function, which takes into account the opening gaps.

-OHLC Volatility: Yang and Zang (yang.zhang)The Yang and Zang function calculates volatilities on history and has minimal estimation error, and is independent of drift and opening gaps. It can be interpreted as a weighted average of the Rogers and Satchell function, OPEN-CLOSEvolatility

"All stolen before us"

Just like they will "steal" after us. Is there no reason for us to try?
Reason: