The regularities of price movements: Part 1. Price orientation - page 5

gpwr:

I know of two systems. One is based on trading inside the triangle, on reflections from its sides. The other, more common, is based on breaching its sides and trading in the direction of the breach. Which system are you talking about?

I was talking about trading on the breakout of the channel formed by the outside bar:

But, as the situation is extremely rare with a single bar, a group of bars - 2...4 bars as the outer bar - is usually used.
It is calculated on the fact that the probability of the price reaching one of the trend ends is insignificant.
And the bar or the group of bars forms the channel. Work on the breakthrough of this channel.

I thought about it and I came up with, I just went for a drink.

DmitriyN:

It was about trading on a break in the channel formed by the outside bar:

But, as the situation is extremely rare with a single bar, a group of bars - 2...4 bars as the outer is usually applied.
The assumption is that the probability of the price reaching one of the trend ends is insignificant.
And the bar or the group of bars forms the channel. Work on the breakthrough of this channel.

I am not familiar with this system. I will try to summarise it and you can correct me. So

1. Observe a sharp up or down movement (this is our outer bar or a group of 2-4 bars). It can be measured by the momentum.

2. We draw horizontal parallel lines of support and resistance and wait for their breakdown.

Right? What is considered to be a breakdown? Closing outside the channel? There will probably be a lot of false breakdowns.

By the way, why should a channel start with a sharp price movement and not just a high-low over a period of time?

yosuf:
Yusuf, you know what's missing? A full statement. To be honest, I have read your topic, but I find it very difficult to understand it. I still can't understand what your trading principle is all about.

In electronics, similar pictures illustrate the processes that occur in a circuit consisting of active and reactive components when pulsed signals are applied to them. The frequency of the oscillation is determined by the inductance and capacitance of the circuit, and the rate of oscillation attenuation by the active resistance. Maybe that's where to dig?
ZS This is for the picture from 21:52

MikeM:
In electronics, similar pictures illustrate processes
Normal transient process, che. Given the specifics.

gpwr:

As I say, such systems are not fully formalised, so there is little point in discussing them.

Imagine that we are trading on a channel breakout. Suppose we apply some wild method like martingale with doubling of lots.
Our task is to avoid a large number of fluctuations and abrupt growth of lots in the channel. To do this, we must correctly select the channel levels.
The levels must be such that the probability of price reaching them is as low as possible. But the size of the channel must be within reasonable limits.

What level is the least likely to be reached by the price in the near future? One that it has moved away from very quickly. If it did, it must have had a good reason.

MikeM:
And I have the feeling that most of the processes in nature evolve according to a decaying principle. Much of it is by quantity. I could be wrong.

DmitriyN:
I'm not on Skype much anymore. I'm addicted to it like a drug, now I'm weaning myself off it :)

No, my mother didn't teach me to talk to boys I don't know - Dimka see for yourself, my side will also be a clown, and Frodo will be revered as a hero at all))))

If she left, there must have been a good reason. <br / translate="no">
For example, a mass psychosis of amateurs
Reason: