[ARCHIVE!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass by. Can't go anywhere without you - 4. - page 205

IGOR.UK, your problem is not what or how to set up. You are not posing the question correctly. As far as I understand, you are faced with the judgement "you can really make money on forex". Having tried trading at random you got convinced that this is not the way to make money. So you've decided to analyse the market and you want to use market indicators as analysis tools. Well, instead of looking for settings of indicators you need to define the target. To apply the analysis of the situation you need to first clarify what exactly we're trying to figure out? What is the purpose of our analysis? What should the analysis answer?

For example, indicators can be used to find the breaking point of a trend. It can give us a signal to open/close/reverse orders. How to set the indicator to display this point and which one to use (and whether to use 1 indicator or a group) - this is a mystery for every trader.

P.S.

You have been told correctly, you don't need indicators with settings, you need education - the basics. For that any forex tutorial will do. Then you will be able to determine what to look for and in what area.

As far as I know RSI should be set in the 20-80 range with a slope of 7 and trade in that corridor from wall to wall. But how do I set it all up accurately and correctly? This is what I am talking about guys!

Of course! I've read a lot about technical analysis and all existing indicators. I want to ask you for your suggestions and which indicators to use. I will be waiting for your advices.

Igor, it's more complicated than you think. I'm afraid that you won't get any help on the forum right now. Not because there is no one to explain it to, but because every answer will raise a lot of new questions for you. You will have to work your way out of it on your own. Read a lot of books, some of them many times and everything will fall into place.
ZS ...if you have enough patience

Sorry to repeat my question. Dear forum members

Need your advice on the following question: how to write the code of the Expert Advisor so that from the balance it was the biggest minus took a predetermined amount of say our balance = $80 each time the balance = $80 + $10 Expert Advisor from the biggest minus took $5, reducing the lot has previously closed these 10 $ and a new report has started from $85

Armen63:

I need your advice on the following question: how to write in the code of the Expert Advisor so that from the balance it was withdrawing the specified amount, say, our balance = $80 $ each time the balance = $80 + $10 Expert Advisor from the biggest drawback took $5, reducing the lot has previously closed these 10 $ and a new report has started from 85 $

Honestly, it is not clear what you need. Try to put it in an algorithm, like this:

1. Getting started. Doing this and that

2. Lalala

3. If so-and-so's condition is fulfilled, go back to point 2, if not, go to point 4

4. ...

5. ...

Roughly understood? It's much easier for you to do it yourself.

Armen63:

Need your advice on the following question: how to write in the code of the Expert Advisor so that from the balance it was from the most minus took a predetermined amount of say our balance = $80 each time the balance = $80 + $10 Expert Advisor from the most minus took $5, reducing the lot previously closing these 10 $ and a new report has started from 85$

Try Fifth - there's an in-house function there - google it and it will open up for you - the topic has come up. See here and on the fifth forum.

Make a request like this.

Vinin:

How can we trust an Expert Advisor that works with errors?
For example, the period MA, if you pass it as string, every tick produces a message that it should be passed as int. But everything works. That's how it is.

Hello, I have this question. In the tester on the chart (balance and funds) they are calculated by which function. Balance = AccountBalance( ), but funds???

anton777:
Hello, I have this question. In the tester on the chart (balance and funds) they are calculated by which function. Balance = AccountBalance( ), but funds???
AccountEquity();
Reason: