[Archive] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 11: January 2012) - page 197

margaret:

There is no fundamental reason for a fall, there should have been a correction, I said yesterday that it looks like a reversal - here... the fluctuations you pointed out in the chart as an enticement to sell were in anticipation of news (fixing of short positions)...

Here are the fundamentals on which the EUR rallied:

The euro rose to a one-week high against the US dollar after European Central Bank President Mario Draghi said he saw signs of stabilisation in the EU economy.The euro was also positively influenced by a positive Spanish government bond placement.The single currency rose against 14 of the 16 major currencies, as Italian debt yields fell during today's auction. ECB kept its key interest rate unchanged.

The dollar fell to a one-week low against the yen after US retail sales data rose less than economists forecast. The dollar also fell against the euro after the US Commerce Department reported a decline in retail sales. The figure rose 0.1 per cent last month, following a 0.4 per cent increase in November. Economists had earlier forecast a 0.3 per cent increase in December.

Thanks, we will watch (sells on 28 will be kept) (SPJ indexes will not break the daily trends at the first time - they will collapse and pull the EuR - I think the EuR will be the 3rd bottom)

Tantrik:
and then they will think and roll back to 2650 and then they will think...

That's what I'm saying, I don't see 2900 on the horizon yet, it's only at this point that we'll see if it goes higher or if it renews the low...- but what's more interesting is that it will still go down...

artikul. THANK YOU!

forte928:

That's what I'm saying: 2900 is only on the horizon... I can't see any higher yet, only at this point it will be seen if it goes higher or touches a new low...- but what is more interesting is that it will go down...

if a pullback from 2680 begins, then the 3rd bottom! and the next drop from 35(then everyone will be waiting for 1.5:)))))

margaret:

There is no fundamental reason for a fall, a correction should have been there, I said yesterday that it looks like a reversal - here... the swings you pointed out in the chart as an enticement to sell were in anticipation of news (fixing short positions)...

Here are the fundamentals on which the EUR rallied:

The euro rose to a one-week high against the US dollar after European Central Bank President Mario Draghi said he saw signs of stabilisation in the EU economy.The euro was also positively influenced by a positive Spanish government bond placement.The single currency rose against 14 of the 16 major currencies, as Italian debt yields fell during today's auction. ECB kept its key interest rate unchanged.

The dollar fell to a one-week low against the yen after US retail sales data rose less than economists forecast.The dollar also fell against the euro after the US Commerce Department reported a decline in retail sales. The figure rose 0.1 per cent last month, following a 0.4 per cent increase in November. Economists had earlier forecast a 0.3 per cent increase in December.

Oh, and the interest rate is unchanged and there were rumours of a rate cut, which pleased the Euromoney.

But tomorrow is change day, Friday, and it's also 13. Thanks for the info, Margarita. I wish I could improve my English, but I try to read the news in metatrade, but not everything is understandable)))))

artikul:

By the way, the same convergence in values has tick volumes and also this indicator. It shows spread ratios of neighbouring bars. If you, like Strenger, are into VSA or suddenly get into it, it may come in handy)))
Let's try))))

strangerr:

Tomorrow I'll tell you why, you won't believe me today anyway)))
What if tomorrow the previous week's candle overlaps and goes even higher?

margaret:
What if last week's candle overlaps tomorrow and goes even higher?
will go into a contest(demo accounts), this kind of hard flat is indicative of an impending divorce (rodents)

we can't immediately start hiking to the bottom, who will pay for all this..... gain momentum :)

Tantrik:
Thanks, we will watch (I will keep the sells at 28) (SPJ indexes will not break the daily trends at the first time - they will collapse and pull the EUR - I think the EUR will have the 3rd bottom)

We are now dancing over the 61.8 fib and can not break it... and the pullback was at 127 fib from the last year's total increase

Reason: