[Archive!] Ready to write EA for FREE !!!!! - page 10

Roman.:

Check out this basic article for a refresher...

Before you get involved in this "dirty" business...:-) Otherwise, "Ready to write an advisor for FREE !!!!!"...:-) What are you saying... Really...!!

Read it, reread it at least 10 times. Can't seem to get to the bottom of it. I guess I'm not quite there yet...

Prolon:

I think it's clearer here - sorry for the repetition, I copied my post from page 3.

If you wish, please make an EA based on this indicator. The idea is not better, but not worse than many others. The strategy is very simple, when the indicator crosses the red line from top to bottom - sell, green from bottom to top - buy. Close on the opposite signal or static Sl and Tr. It would be desirable to be able to set the number of orders opened at the same time, but not necessarily. I am new to programming, I will be very grateful for an example of writing an EA based on an indicator. If I have my own understandable project, it comes faster in coding practice. I am attaching the indicator.
Attached files:
WPR_MA_2line.mq4 (2.67 KB)

"When the indicator crosses the red line from top to bottom - sell, green from bottom to top - buy." And what colour do red and green cross?

Red and green are simply moving levels, which are crossed by the blue line of the indicator itself. If the blue line is above the red line and then crosses it downwards - sell, and respectively if the blue line is below the green line and crosses it from below - buy. I tried the template described above, but it allows setting only buy or sell on crossovers. In this case it was a test with only sell orders.

Juravlev:

A thousand pardons to everyone, may God forgive me for not knowing what I got myself into -:) I do not want to insult anyone or engage in a debate on matters that I do not understand. So, who precisely has set the task in a language I understand, I will try to answer everyone and do my best. A huge request, ask the task easier to understand, a well-defined task is half the battle. Try to understand that what you understand "with gut" and that you have spent a lot of time on it I can not digest at once. I do not give up the work and will write advisors as much as I can -:)

Respect to all ...

Sasha, you didn't hurt anyone. Write at your own pleasure. I'm sorry your thread has been trampled on. But it's your branch that's the PR.

Prolon:
Red and green are simply moving levels, which are crossed by the blue line of the indicator itself. If the blue line is above the red line and then crosses it downwards - sell, and respectively if the blue line is below the green line and crosses it from below - buy. I tried the template described above, but it allows setting only buy or sell on crossovers. In this case it was a test with only sell orders.

Try it ...
Files:
prolon.mq4  5 kb

Juravlev:
Try it ...
Good riddance!

Very quickly, it will take some time to analyse the results, I will post my thoughts here. In any case, you are a great help to me - I will be glad if I can be of any help to you as well. So far, the result without analysis - just a glimpse...

Some regularities are emerging, and although the WPR theme is pretty worn out, it was still an attempt to implement something of my own. The version is still raw, but there are already ideas for improvement of the indicator.

The test result is shown on the image, not great, of course, but there is a lot to work with.

Thank you very much for your help and attention, Alexander!

The optimization has been performed arbitrarily (I simply rewinded 2 years from today). We have been optimizing for 2 months. Parameters for a forward order cannot be set to the maximum profit because the number of orders in the market is not limited. Also less than 20 deals per month gives incorrect results. It is better to be guided by the minimum drawdown.

Prolon:
...The site for optimisation was chosen arbitrarily (just rewinding 2 years from today). There were 2 months of optimisation. Parameters for a forward strategy cannot be set to the maximum profit because the number of orders in the market is not limited; the result of less than 20 deals per month is not correct either. It is better to be guided by the minimum drawdown.
Let's start imagining from a sheet.
We select several losing parts on the given chart and optimize by them. We obtain several sets of parameters for the Expert Advisor.
Then we demo several Expert Advisors with the obtained parameters but with different magicians and attach equity to every indicator and additionally look at the total equity.
The aim is to obtain a smoothed total equity curve.
Files:
equity_v7.mq4  17 kb

There is certainly a rational basis for this, but so far it seems a little premature to me. It's a kind of extensive route, like "when nothing else works". There are other thoughts, we need to change the code quite radically. I have an idea how to do it, how to implement it because of my poor coding knowledge and experience. The main objective was to stabilize signals of the indicator and I have a purely subjective feeling that I have succeeded. I have already seen some holes where the deposit is flowing away, let us develop it further. Thanks anyway - I will take it to my notice.
Reason: