It's Friday and it's boring. :( - page 2

paukas:

A trend is back and forth, back and forth. The Euro is in the lower trend.

Azzx:

Noooooo! :)

And if there is (for the foundation is not going anywhere), those who only use TA are clearly not trading them.

But the fundamentals are not.

It's not a trend - it's just a relatively large movement. Back and forth is, in fact, a move.

A trend should be characterised by a predominant direction of trades. And here it will turn upwards - you can trade upwards. Then it may go down again. :)

The example above was given about the basis. Seasonality is quite a fundamental factor.

Azzx:

A trend should be characterised by the predominant direction of trades. ....

Did you come up with that yourself or did you read it somewhere?

A trend is a channel formed by price.

Today is the last day to register for the tournament and you're up to your old tricks :)

paukas , does your tech analysis work on 5?

paukas:

Did you come up with that yourself or did you read it somewhere?

Trend is a channel formed by price.

I read it myself and thought it up. :)

A channel is a channel. A trend in the simplest definition is a directional movement of the price. To say that it is always a channel is a grail. I do not have a grail, so I am not saying anything.

In my opinion (solely IMHO) conventional "trend" systems are rather primitive:

We detect a signal (there is some movement) -> enter; we detect the end of the signal (no movement) -> exit.

Sometimes the motions can be very decent (thick tails). That's all.

In general, it all comes down to solving the question of how to describe the movement within the current market and time window for making decisions.

There are all sorts of things like "exit a bit sharper than to enter" or "different stops for different market movements" - it depends on a specific market, there are no general recommendations for 100% of markets, imho.

If we take a trend as a certain direction of price movement, then we could create a system, in which it would be statistically profitable to enter with bigger lot after successful exit (i.e. the probability of successful completion of next deal in the same direction would be higher). I personally have never seen or heard of it. (But I don't speak for everyone, yes.)

Europa:

Today is the last day to register for the championships and you're up to your old tricks :)

:)

What I have a worker - it makes no sense to put it up for the championships. However, given the probable increased volatility in the autumn, I could have a go at it, but with a higher MM. But it is a guessing game in any case. So, nah, nah, nah.

I could take part in a competition that would last for about three years... But who would be interested?

paukas: A trend is back and forth, back and forth. Here's the euro bottom trend.

Where do you want to bet? Up there or down here?

ZS: Although the problem is not to bet correctly, but to jump out of the market at the right time.

Azzx:

I read it out and thought it up myself. :)

A channel is a channel. A trend, in the simplest definition, is a directional price movement. If you want to say that it is always a channel, you have to ask a grailer. I do not have a grail, so I am not saying anything.

In my opinion (solely IMHO) conventional "trend" systems are rather primitive:

If we detect a signal (there is some movement) -> enter; if we detect the end of the signal (no movement as it seems) -> exit.

Sometimes the movements can be very decent (thick tails). That's it.

In general, it all comes down to solving the question of how to describe the movement within the current market and time window for making decisions.

There are all sorts of things like "exit a bit sharper than to enter" or "different stops for different market movements" - it depends on the specific market, there are no general recommendations for 100% of markets, imho.

If we take a trend as a certain direction of price movement, then we could create a system that would be statistically profitable to enter with a larger lot after a successful exit (i.e. the probability of another trade success in the same direction would be higher). I personally have never seen or heard of it. (But I don't speak for everyone, yes.)

Lots of letters.

I will repeat it once again: a trend is a channel. It may be upper, lower or sideways.

IgorM:

When you put it up or down, where do you want it to go?

You may ask: Which way is up or down?

There's an order drawn there that's trending.

paukas:

That's a lot of letters.

I'll say it again: a trend is a channel. It can be up, down or sideways.

OK, summary: a trend is not a channel. Although a channel can be called a trend, of course - why not. :)

Azzx:

OK, summary: a trend is not a channel. Although a channel can be called a trend, of course - why not. :)

That's where your problems stem from. From not knowing what a trend is ))

paukas:

That's where your problems stem from. Not knowing what a trend is ))

I'm beginning to strongly suspect that everyone's trend is different. :-D
Reason: