[Archive!] FOREX - Trends, Forecasts and Consequences (Episode 7: September 2011) - page 21

at 1.4075 another tr

AndreyZak:

My personal view is that the EUR has fallen out of the uptrend channel and today's rise can be seen as a test of the lower boundary of the channel, which it is holding so far.

The euro has not broken out of the global uptrend channel and has not even reached it, the support line is located at 1.39

margaret:
The euro did not break out of the global uptrend channel or even reach it, the support line is at 1.39

OK, not a global one, let's call it a medium term one :)

Where can I find the expiry calendar for currency futures and options?

who said it would go up)))) . left one sell . went to bed before the market got nervous today)

Milliorder:

who said it would go up)))) . left one sell . went to bed before the market got nervous today)

I don't think it will go up again. (and people do not want to take 25 - 50 pips. the same money)

USDCHF. Buy closed. Getting ready to sell.

Who knows why the franc is down today? all allies are over 1000p in 4 hours, cool......

margaret:
2011.09.06 10:03:36 *Swiss National Bank has set a limit of 1.2 euros against the franc
2011.09.06 10:05:29 *Swiss National Bank: franc overvalued even at 1.2 against euro

There's something about this news that confuses me.

So, a minimum has been set for the currency of 1.2 euros. What does that mean? That the pair won't go below 1.2? Well, it's at that level right now. What the hell does that mean? That we should buy as much as we can?! We were promised it wouldn't go down.

Or am I missing something?

-DEN-:
Who knows why the franc is down today? all currencies have gone over 1000p in 4 hours, cool......

Everybody knows :))
Reason: