How to minimise the size of the stop and thereby the loss - page 3

Roman.:

I take it - the aggregate of the stops (10%) is this about the maximum drawdown on closed positions?
A stop of 10% of the monthly profit, and if you lose? (you can do it without any stops). In general, the stop has a place (if you apply it to your strategies moods and directions) - the cancellation of the previous movement.

Svinozavr:

Very funny...

Turning on your head: 10% is the rate of return with an adequate MM. Isn't that what you have? No? Fine, then.

I don't know about you, my stops never work - far away...

Somewhere very far away.

There's a cat grazing in a meadow...

It's simple and straightforward. Especially for you, my friend, let me explain:

I don't know how it works, but earning 10% on capital is normal for a sane trader. Any more than that raises questions. Like, isn't he a lucky jerk?

That's why I was talking about stops. The problem is what? The problem is that the hawks set very close stops, counting on a VERY large profit margin. So flag in their hands (margin call around their necks).

Tantrik:
stop in the amount of 10% of the monthly profit, and if I was draining? (then you can do it without a stop). Generally, stop has a place (if you apply it to your strategies moods and directions) - cancellation of previous movement.

I just missed a little - there's a strategy where 100% of profitable trades with their co - 170, while just turned out about 140 tons of profit and a loss of 13 tons - because in the tester, we consider the loss of equity, but not balance ...

I do not understand this "Elementary analysis of volatility shows that the stop should correspond to, well, a maximum of 10% of profit per month. and that's a lot." what profit - the Predicted profit? - and where to get the estimated profit per month for the future, and therefore calculate the stop based on this estimated profit? - it is a mystery to me now?

Who knows - tell me - I don't understand it at the moment...

Roman, what's so mysterious about it? I'm just talking about the reality of the goal. Either we insure Irene, or we live up to the MC. That's all I'm saying.

Svinozavr:
Roman, what is mysterious here? I'm just talking about the reality of the target. Either we insure against Irene or we live up to the MC. That's all.

I just can't understand one thing - how is it a 10% loss from the jump (in the present) - how to calculate it?

Or is it that in fact - let's say - the TS only covers the positions only by take and stop - and they have to be set at 10:1? (generally in trading - on the fact of closing a position in the future).

Have I got it right?

Svinozavr:
Roman, what's so cryptic about it? I'm just talking about the reality of the target. Either we're insuring against Irene, or we're living up to the MC. That's all.

I am not familiar with Irene... :-)))

Sorry. Only with Coljan.

It's just me on the mechanics, a bit more detail, I don't understand it that way...

Svinozavr:
Roman, what's so mysterious about it? I'm just talking about the reality of the goal. Either we insure Irene, or we live up to the MC. That's all I'm saying.

With Irene - already acquainted... :-)))

Svinozavr:

Peter - I get it. Thank you.

Roman.:

Peter - I understand. Thank you.

share?))) how does the stop value relate to the 10% yield?
Reason: