Is any prediction doomed? - page 43

Silent:

What an admirable ability to tell a story that contradicts itself.

I have little, if any, interest in the current price... not at all, so what am I supposed to do?

Did I ever say otherwise? What's the contradiction? I'm talking about forecasting, what are you talking about?

If you don't like the current price- that's your business, do what you want.

s2101:

Did I ever say otherwise? What is the contradiction? I'm talking about forecasting, what are you talking about?

s2101:
Exactly. 1) Forecasting is done solely on the current price on any TF. Only on higher TFs the forecast is for a long time, while on lower TFs it is a relatively short-term forecast. The price that has become history does not interest us at all. But 2) Short-term history is needed only for correct calculation of indicators. As a rule, 100-200 bars are enough for that. In multiframe (panoramic) market review it is more than enough.
This is difficult to understand.

jelizavettka:
Some people don't care about past or present price - they just use stars to make predictions)

I, for example, do not care about the price) neither where it has been, nor where it will be) nor the time frame

Indicators are death) Forecasts are death too

7Konstantin7:
I, for example, don't care about the price) neither where it has been, nor where it will be) nor the time frame

Do you care about the bounce?)

jelizavettka:

Do you care about the rebound?)

No) whether it's a trend or a flat, it doesn't matter)

I'm not an idiot.)

Here is the forecast from page 36 with an accuracy of 1 p

jelizavettka:

What are you now? Arbitrage? Maybe you put the money in the bank?) Ah ... I remember - you opened your brokerage house)

the system does not care about the price, neither trend nor flat)

dtz, yeah :D it's the most reliable system)

Guys, talk about the subject. A little bit of flubbing rubbed off.

My imho on this point: Only 1 wave or part of a wave of an existing trend can be predicted with more than 50% probability.

1) From point 1 to point 3 __ price is predictable.

2)From point 2 to point 3 __ easier to predict.

3) From point 3 to point 4__ is not predictable.

A practical entry with a lag and an exit with a lagged trendline would look like this:

Reason: