how to identify price reversal points - page 5

andreybs: Correct! But then you have to find the conditions under which they coincide. In other words, filter out the "bad" pivot points. For this purpose, we can use channel and trend indicators. Each TS has its own indicators. You can make money on such entry points. Amen.

It's good that you agreed. But then the number of entry points may not coincide with the number of reversal points. Moreover, having filtered out "bad" entry points as "bad" pivot points, the number of them will decrease even more. And here's where the scary catch lies....))))

andreybs:

It is always much easier to refer to an incorrect problem statement than to propose a solution that satisfies different conditions.

Imagine that you are looking for a woman.

It is unlikely that anyone would be able to offer you a solution that satisfies different conditions.

One way or another, you would have to set the problem correctly and from its very formulation you would be able to understand whether you are looking for a woman for a momentary comfort or a cook, a woman for laying sleepers or a wife....

andreybs:

Determining pivot points does NOT depend on the TF, but it does depend on the "scale" of looking at quotes, i.e. the period of the indicator, which is always a tuning parameter. So the task is set up normally.

It is always much easier to refer to an incorrect problem statement than to propose a solution that satisfies various conditions.

You are contradicting yourself - the scale is essentially the TF...

andreybs:

"how to identify price reversal points" = "there are shapes and probability areas"?

-" There are no price reversal points , there are shapes and probability areas, both work sporadically, offer no guarantees, and cannot be strictly formalized."
- "I hope this is not an unsubstantiated statement, but an invaluable example from personal experience!"

)))

Of course, and I wish you the same

LeoV:

It's good that you agree. But then the number of entry points may not coincide with the number of pivot points. Moreover, having filtered out "bad" entry points as "bad" reversal points, the number of them will decrease even more. And here's where the scary catch lies....))))

There is no paradox. It's not like we're discussing the grail... ))) If TS loses a part of successful entry point with a larger part of unsuccessful ones, then fine. that's what filters are made for.

By the way, can you give an example, when the "successful" entry point does not coincide with the reversal point, but is calculated by some methodology (i.e. finger pointing in the history is not needed, you need to demonstrate an example of a different way to find entry points).

DhP:

Imagine that you are looking for a woman.

It is unlikely that anyone would be able to offer you a solution that meets different conditions.

In any case, you would have to set the task correctly, which would make it clear whether you are looking for a woman for a momentary comfort or a cook, a woman for laying ties or a wife....

People! What are you talking about? Are we discussing women here? It says it all clearly - a price reversal indicator for finding entry points. That's more than enough. You either know the solution or you don't. All other aphorisms are simply irrelevant. Moreover, I have already found one of the solutions and posted it on the 3rd page of this thread.

forte928:

You are contradicting yourself - because scale is essentially a TF...

There is no contradiction. TF is a unit of measurement. Scale is how many units of measure fit into the area in question. Unit and scale are not the same thing at all.

andreybs:

The figure below shows a graph of the oscillator (red line) with a minimum lag. If you plot the adaptive moving average (blue line), you can see more clearly how the price fluctuates. The tops of the oscillator coincide with the tops of the adaptive moving average. The oscillator line is rather smooth and varies from -1 to 1. It will be easy to detect price reversal points with minimal delay. I am quite satisfied with it.

The oscillator is obtained by calculating the 1st derivative of the Henkick-Prescott filter by closing prices with non-linear signal processing using the inverse Fisher transform. There is no overshooting.

Would you like to share the code of this indicator (last post on page 3)?

andreybs:
People! What are you talking about? Are we discussing women here? It's all clearly written here - a price reversal indicator for finding entry points. That's more than enough. You either know the solution or you don't. All other aphorisms are simply irrelevant. Moreover, I have already found one of the solutions and posted it on the 3rd page of this thread.

You will soon realise that this is not the solution :)

It's not the indicator that should be discussed, but either women or the principles of detection, algorithms for finding such points...

What's important is the principle - it's a matter of technique to write an indicator.

Do you have a plan, Mr. Fix?

andreybs:

Are we discussing women here?

By and large, you can discuss anything, as long as you subconsciously know that you are discussing another subject. The lack of imaginative thinking and the ability to transfer projections from one object of discussion to another object greatly impoverishes the seeker.
Reason: