Sign up >>
Download MetaTrader 5
Different brokers, different results
To add comments, please
Correct me if I am wrong
A Broker server starts the day
00:00 hours server time. Server time will be local time where the server is located.
- All bars on time frames higher than 1 hour will look different for brokers with servers in different time zones.
- if I use time frames above 1H and develop/optimize an EA on a server in one time zone and run it on a server in a
different time zone I will experience quite different results.
In order to avoid this problem I decided to only use time frames of 1 hour and lower. To work on longer time frames I instead use
longer 1 hour periods. It is not the same thing, I realize that but it is workable.
To test this I made some optimization runs on 2 different brokers in different time zones and run both results on both brokers.
Test on Admiral markets.
EURUSD profit: 4825 #Trades: 26 Drawdown: 11.74
Test on FXChoice
EURUSD profit: 6560 #Trades: 11 rawdown 9.77
These 2 test should not be compared with each other, it is not the best results, I just took some result after running for 15 minutes
The interesting part is to run the results from one broker on the other broker:
Using optimized values from Admiral Markets run on FXChoice:
Profit: 2488 #Trades: 28 Drawdown: 19.74
Using optimized values from ForexChoice and run on Admiral Market
Profit: 4519 #Trades: 18 Drawdown: 10.96
- Selling EA:s optimized on one broker may disappoint a lot of buyers running on other brokers.
- Some broker work better with some EA:s than other brokers.
- if you are developing for your personal use, develop on the broker where you will run live. And with the same type of account
- Not using time frames higher than 1H was no solution. (Might have helped, not tested)
The EA in question here is not a scalper, it buy dips in a rally and sell tops in a downtrend. The time period tested/optimized was approx 2 years
It does not trade often. It uses time frames: D, 4H, 1H, 5M, 1M
To add comments, please
Online trading / WebTerminal
Free technical indicators and robots
Articles about programming and trading
Order trading robots on the Freelance
Market of Expert Advisors and applications
Follow forex signals
Low latency forex VPS
News, implementations and technology
MQL5 language of trading strategies
MQL5 Cloud Network
Terms and Conditions
Contacts and requests
Join us — download