Any questions from a PROFI to a SUPER PROFI - 1. - page 4

Zhunko:

Regarding transferring the code to another computer. Most likely you were transferring the debugger version. It pulls the debugging libraries from Studio. You should have compiled the release. Then everything would have worked everywhere.

I was using the Borland version of the C++ shell. It was the compiled file that didn't work!!! Later I found out that somewhere in the shell settings I had to put a checkbox so that the compiled executable wouldn't require this dll file anymore. I've written down this information, put it into archive and put it into drawer. It's convenient to make loops and conditions in C++ - you don't have to write function words like begin, end, find out where to put a semicolon after end and where to put a dot. But working with lines in С++ just bugs me. Maybe I've got a bad textbook... In general, sometimes I feel like mastering this language. Can you advise a good textbook for a beginner? I have 65 books on C++. Going through them all in search of a maximally efficient tutorial, is, frankly speaking, problematic for a beginner.

P.S.

So, I asked a lamer question in pro branch. :))))))))))))

Moderator, I repent and blame myself. I realise, but I can't help it - the topic has already been raised in this thread.

drknn:

Can you advise a good tutorial for a beginner? I have 65 books on C++.

Start with Stroustrup - it's a classic.

...Especially since his book recently came out with a really low bar.

drknn:

I was using the Borland version of the C++ shell. It was the compiled file that didn't work!!! Later I found out that somewhere in the shell settings I had to put a checkmark, so that the compiled executable wouldn't require this dll-file anymore. I've written down this information, put it into archive and put it into luggage. It's convenient to make loops and conditions in C++ - you don't have to write function words like begin, end, find out where to put a semicolon after end and where to put a full stop. But working with lines in С++ just bugs me. Maybe I've got a bad textbook... Actually, sometimes I feel like mastering this language. Can you advise a good textbook for a beginner? I have 65 books on C++. Going through them all in search of a maximally efficient manual is, frankly speaking, problematic for a beginner.

There's nothing complicated about strings in C. A string is an array of characters with zero at the end.

You don't have to bother with C-string, and directly switch to STL. Everything there is as in MQL4. Only much more convenient. Although, understanding what a string is is necessary.

Zhunko:

There is nothing complicated about strings in C. A string is an array of characters with zero at the end.

You don't have to bother with C-string, and go straight to STL. Everything there is the same as in MQL4. Only much more convenient. Although, understanding what a string is is necessary.

What is STL? What is encoded in this acronym?

VladislavVG:
Start with Straustrup - it's a classic.

Thank you. I have a special edition in deja vu format. Unfortunately there is no indication anywhere of the year this book was published. Is this it, or do I need to look for some other edition?

drknn:

What is STL? What is encoded in this abbreviation?

Standard template library.

A very useful thing. Everything is already solved there for the programmer. You just have to choose what to use.

drknn:

Thank you. I have a special edition in deja vu format. Unfortunately there is no indication anywhere of the year this book was published. Is this it, or should I look for some other edition?
I think you can start learning C++ from any edition.

VladislavVG:
I think you can start learning C++ from any edition.
That's a great branch for pros :)

sergeev:
it's a great branch for the pros :)

Every beginner sees himself as a future pro and super pro.

I don't think the idea of a new branch justified itself.

Reason: