[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 499

Hello !

Please explain why on the third or fourth run the EA shows a completely different picture to the extent that every trade is in the red, but the first two or three runs shows very good results.

I have to completely demolish the terminal and reinstall it, and then do it all over again.

It depends on the quality of the modelling (it should be at least 90%) and the strategy of the Expert Advisor. For example, the results of pips in the tester should not be trusted at all.

AVOHR:

Hello !

Please explain why on the third or fourth run the EA shows a completely different picture to the extent that every trade is in the red, but the first two or three runs shows very good results.

I have to completely tear down my terminal and put it back.

I have to tear down the terminal completely and put it back on again.

Zhunko:
It's written in the documentation that init() should not be abused like this.

But it works :) and I haven't noticed any glitches for all time. By the way, where is this covered in the docs?

sergeev:

But it works :) and I haven't noticed any glitches in all this time. By the way, where is this covered in the docs?

https://docs.mql4.com/ru/basis/functions/special

It works now and tomorrow, if something is changed, it won't work. Undocumented.

It is better to run the script in the init to update the chart for the Expert Advisor, and after the start to unload the script. The start should be looped in.

Zhunko:

This is why it is better to run a script in the init to update the chart for the EA, and to unload the script after the start. The start should be looped.

do you mean WindowRedraw() ? or

int MT4InternalMsg = RegisterWindowMessageA("MetaTrader4_Internal_Message"); //incoming tick for EAs
PostMessageA(hwnd,MT4InternalMsg,2,1); //incoming tick for EAs

sergeev:

do you mean WindowRedraw() ? or

int MT4InternalMsg = RegisterWindowMessageA("MetaTrader4_Internal_Message"); //incoming tick for EAs
PostMessageA(hwnd,MT4InternalMsg,2,1); //incoming tick for EAs

Yes. It.

Fam:
It depends on the quality of the modelling (it should be at least 90%) and the strategy of the Expert Advisor. For example, the results of Pips in the tester should not be trusted at all.
How to correctly simulate the Expert Advisor? The algorithm is simple: break of the maximum, open buy stop loss and take and in the mirror

AVOHR:
how do i correctly model the EA? the algorithm is simple: breakout of the highs, open a buy stop loss and take and in the mirror

I mean the quality of ticks modelling. To test EAs first of all you need to have a good quote history, read more about that here http://tradelikeapro.ru/2011/03/12/kak-poluchit-kachestvo-modelirovaniya-99/

Once you do it all, the results will always be the same, plus/minus pennies, even on a different day, tested.

Gentlemen, if you don't mind, please send me the function that trawls the equity. I can't find it...
Reason: