[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 490

Can you please tell me how to draw such broken lines in an indicator? At least give me a hint what to do. I have been racking my brains for half a day now.

FOReignEXchange:

Can you please tell me how to draw such broken lines in an indicator? At least give me a hint what to do. I have been racking my brains for half a day now.

It's reminiscent of a parabolic.

Or maybe someone has seen at least an indicator for MT4 with such breaks? To see the code at least. It doesn't seem possible to do that already.

Please suggest a VPS for testing your first child in the demo. Not expensive and with minimal disruptions.

FOReignEXchange:

this is done via DRAW_ZIGZAG. Two identical buffers, only one is offset by 1 bar.

sergeev:

this is done via DRAW_ZIGZAG. Two identical buffers, only one is offset by 1 bar.

Thank you! I'll give it a try. Just not sure, as you need a line break between the bars. I mean the broken line itself. How do you make it like that?

FOReignEXchange:

the kink in the line between the bars.
:) have you ever seen it like this in MT4? you can only twist like this in MT5.

sergeev:
:) have you even seen this in MT4? you can only twist this in MT5.

Yeah, I got it. I thought maybe I should do something tricky. I tried to find symbols in the form of a dash or a square and make it at least easy to look. I've got dots instead of snakes so far. That's not convenient.

sergeev:
:) have you even seen this in MT4? you can only twist this in MT5.

What if there are 4 buffers instead of two?

Vinin:

What if there are four buffers instead of two?

There is no difference. It is not possible to make a kink between the bars. The value of the i-th bar must be an integer and.
Reason: