[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 472

Roman.:

I.e. let's say we have the following table - this is for one owl... section of the table - on the left - closing time, on the right - change in balance.

Next (below) will go the same table already owl #2 also from 2002 - i.e. I will "successively paste down all the stories one after the other". How to do the following "And then you apply a filter and sort. You select the option - From old to new."??

Yes, that's right, but make the names of the columns like this:

Then set the selection in one of the cells and click Filter. In all versions of Excel, it's labeled like this:

And then by clicking on the "list" icon of any of the columns you want to sort, select "Sort from old to new".

Roman.:
If you have Excel 2007-2010, you can "format as a table" there, and all these actions are done automatically. I don't think there is any such thing in 2003.

tol64:
If you have Excel 2007-2010, you can "format as a table" there, and all these actions are done automatically. I don't think there is any such thing in 2003.

Yes, yes... Thank you. Got it. I have 2007, I have a screenshot attached... :-)))

Great.))
Roman.: We should watch for the formation of a new bar of the smallest used TF in the Expert Advisor. Do the normal trawl function where you should also explicitly set the TF you are using - if it is a daily one, then set it to daily - it is not that complicated. That is all. Test by opening prices - abandon the "checkpoints..." model - IMHO, of course.

Tested in all modes. All ticks, by reference points and by opening prices:

No chart mismatch, I recalculate all TFs before the test.

If the results are identical in all modes, then I can use the open price mode, as it is the fastest. I understand it correctly?)

tol64:
Great)))

Tested in all modes. All ticks, by reference points and by opening prices:

No chart mismatch, I recalculate all TFs before the test.

If the results are identical in all modes, then I can use the open price mode, as it is the fastest. Do I get it right?)))

Yeah. Anyway... - You can't trust the results of checkpoint tests... :-)))

Roman.:

Yes. Anyway... - the results of the checkpoint tests cannot be trusted... :-)))

)) I see. As a conclusion to the TC tests, it's better to use All ticks. Though long, but as accurate as possible. Control points are convenient for me in visual mode. I use the visual mode when debugging an Expert Advisor. It is convenient and faster than using All ticks.

I've also seen people discussing the Period Converter script. If the terminal automatically recalculates all timeframes, what for? It's enough to download the minute bars and that's all. Unless you want to build non-standard TFs or work with quotes that have been imported. I may be wrong. I will surely check it once again but the results obtained using quotes converted by this script and those obtained by the standard method are significantly different. It also leads to uncertainties and prevents me from understanding which method is more correct)). Which method do you use?

tol64:

)) I see. As a conclusion to the TC tests, it's better to use All ticks. Though long, but as accurate as possible. Control points are convenient for me in visual mode. I use the visual mode when debugging an Expert Advisor. It is convenient and faster than using All ticks.

I've also seen people discussing the Period Converter script. If the terminal automatically recalculates all timeframes, what for? It's enough to download the minute bars and that's all. Unless you want to build non-standard TFs or work with quotes that have been imported. I may be wrong. I will surely check it once again but the results obtained using quotes converted by this script and those obtained by the standard method are significantly different. It also leads to uncertainties and prevents me from understanding which method is more correct)). Which method do you use?

Through F2 I download the minute history of the instrument and that's it... The main thing is to download quotes from the broker you are going to work with, by installing the MT4 terminal from their website. I also think that the Period Converter is for non-standard TFs or to work with quotes that have been imported.

Hello!

Googled but couldn't find an answer to the terminal glitch question. Can you tell me what the problem is?

MT build 402. A few days ago on one of the machines the indicator list window stopped being called up. It seems to stay focused on it but I cannot see the window itself. At first I thought the terminal was hanging, but no - it updates the price chart and I can continue working in the terminal after I press "esc". I have not noticed it with other windows. No problems on other machines with the same build of MT.

And is it terminal glitch?

I tried reinstalling, after reinstalling I transferred my custom indicators, scripts, advisors and templates. My device has only one profile - default. The problem persists.

When AccountFreeMargin() equals AccountBalance() ?

ikatsko:
When AccountFreeMargin() equals AccountBalance() ?

When you have no trades open.
Reason: