[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 324

IgorM:
i tried to check i removed M15, strategy tester is not working, if i'm not mistaken, it's not allowed, because history files with used TFs will be used by tester both for mismatch error calculation and for open/close price determination, try to do as described in the article, i imported ticks from Dukas and created TF for MT4 and then i tested it with generated .fxt files

Now I've come up with one constraint (it doesn't affect quality of results), added it to the code - optimization time by All-Tick decreased from 9 hours to 1.5 -> it became quite acceptable.

Thanks for the article!

What should be set in the Tester functions to display the balance in Visual test mode as in this video on the left

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ragYKvz5H3Q

barli:

What should be set in the Tester functions to display the balance in Visual test mode as in this video on the left

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ragYKvz5H3Q

Fixed the post a bit. The link was corrected

Vinin:

I corrected the post a bit. Made the link okay.

Okay. Thank you

odiseif:
Good afternoon to all present .Help me to bring to my senses a piece of logic ...
I tried to but the bot still opens trades not as it should.

For the start, just use your own language. I don't know how to do it. Sometimes it helps.

odiseif:
I'm trying to change market entry conditions for a simple bot, which is in the terminal by default. I've added a couple of tools and changed the period ... I just started experimenting to understand at least 25% of the logic of these or those indicators .
The conditions in the code are as follows.

I don't understand it yet)))
Now try to explain it in action:

1. determine so-and-so bar
  2. calculate such-and-such a value
  3. ...?

odiseif:
I tried (mag + Distanse*Point) < Distanse*Point .... and tried another way ... but it still does not work ... something is wrong ...
condition posted above in screenshots as it should be ...

Try just putting it into words

help who can )
I can not do anything with this indicator)
In general, the indicator will be used as a filter in the Expert Advisor, it draws 4 lines in a separate window when the bar closes, draws a signal on each line, red or blue ...
here is the code of the indicator buffers

SetIndexStyle(0, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, gi_76, g_color_80);
 SetIndexArrow(0, gi_92);
 SetIndexBuffer(0, g_ibuf_96);
 SetIndexStyle(1, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, gi_76, g_color_84);
 SetIndexArrow(1, gi_92);
 SetIndexBuffer(1, g_ibuf_100);
 SetIndexStyle(2, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, gi_76, g_color_80);
 SetIndexArrow(2, gi_92);
 SetIndexBuffer(2, g_ibuf_104);
 SetIndexStyle(3, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, gi_76, g_color_84);
 SetIndexArrow(3, gi_92);
 SetIndexBuffer(3, g_ibuf_108);
 SetIndexStyle(4, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, gi_76, g_color_80);
 SetIndexArrow(4, gi_92);
 SetIndexBuffer(4, g_ibuf_112);
 SetIndexStyle(5, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, gi_76, g_color_84);
 SetIndexArrow(5, gi_92);
 SetIndexBuffer(5, g_ibuf_116);
 SetIndexStyle(6, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, gi_76, g_color_80);
 SetIndexArrow(6, gi_92);
 SetIndexBuffer(6, g_ibuf_120);
 SetIndexStyle(7, DRAW_ARROW, STYLE_SOLID, gi_76, g_color_84);
 SetIndexArrow(7, gi_92);
 SetIndexBuffer(7, g_ibuf_124);

I load it in the EA like this

double g_ibuf_96  = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "MAX_Trend Line Dots", 0, 1);
 double g_ibuf_100 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "MAX_Trend Line Dots", 1, 1);
 double g_ibuf_104 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "MAX_Trend Line Dots", 2, 1);
 double g_ibuf_108 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "MAX_Trend Line Dots", 3, 1);
 double g_ibuf_112 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "MAX_Trend Line Dots", 4, 1);
 double g_ibuf_116 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "MAX_Trend Line Dots", 5, 1);
 double g_ibuf_120 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "MAX_Trend Line Dots", 6, 1);
 double g_ibuf_124 = iCustom(Symbol(), 0, "MAX_Trend Line Dots", 7, 1);

here is the condition for opening a bar

g_ibuf_100 && g_ibuf_108 && g_ibuf_116 && g_ibuf_124

here's for selling

g_ibuf_96 && g_ibuf_104 && g_ibuf_112 && g_ibuf_120

But the EA doesn't look at these conditions I'm struggling, I can't do anything ... what is my mistake, tell me who is wrong )

ostrik:

but the advisor doesn't look at the conditions and I can't do anything... what is my mistake, please tell me)

g_ibuf_100 && g_ibuf_108 && g_ibuf_116 && g_ibuf_124 - Variables are declared as double and you have a logical "AND" in the condition. What do you think the result of (1,2525 && 1,2320) will be

Good evening, everyone. Can you please tell me something? I have an Expert Advisor, or rather an assistant, which minimizes the terminal into a small window and from it I can open and close positions, and monitor orders without opening the terminal. However, only orders opened via it may be closed, because it sends Magic to its own orders. Question: If I set the Magic value to 0 in the EA parameters, will it close not my own orders but all the orders it sees, and it only sees and displays information about all orders. I asked the author, he keeps quiet. Please do not hesitate to ask.
Reason: