[Archive!] Any rookie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't pass it by. Couldn't go anywhere without you - 2. - page 100

Reshetov:

The question is not about the forum topic, because you need to go to a computer literacy course and learn how to use Word and Excel, or find a book on these programmes and study them.

As for your specific question, select the required cells, move the cursor to them, right-click, then "Format cells..." and select the required data presentation format.

Thanks, learn is never late, but not everything is simple, change the format is not helpful (I think I wrote this), maybe someone has faced with it and prompt. Or look forum on Excel?

merkulov.artem:
Hi all, I've been digging around on the forum the whole day and did not find, please advise where you can download the history of quotes euro usd 1 min in hst, csv format or how best to load it for a maximum period of time, the terminal only gives a year. Please send me links or files. I AM GRATEFUL IN ADVANCE.

You have to press F2, find EURUSD 1Minute, click on it twice, then press the "Download" button and wait for the download. If your broker doesn't give you much, download the terminal directly from Metaquotes.net, there's a history from 1999.

Sergey_Rogozin:

I can't understand it.

Written in Russian, but can't understand the Handbook section https://docs.mql4.com/ru/basis/variables/formal

Quote:

Parameters by reference can only be passed within a single module....... (Which module are we talking about?)

Arrays can also be passed by reference, all changes will be reflected in the original array . (Changes the elements of the array?)

1. there's an explanation - you can't pass by reference to a library (ex4 or dll) function. This is what is meant by the phrase "within a module". I.e., the body of such a function can only be placed in the MQ4 file, which will call it, or at most in include MQH.

2. Yes, you can pass an array to a function and get back the same array, but with changed elements or size, or both. If you pass an array without reference, you get back exactly what you passed, regardless of what happens to the array in the called function.

zas:

Thanks, learn is never late, but not everything is simple, change of format does not help (I think I wrote it), maybe someone has faced with it and tell you.Or search for a forum on Excel?

There are three options:

1. Human - import the CSV file into Excel via 'data sources'.

2. The tricky one - change the comma to a dot in the regional settings to separate the integer and fractional parts, and also set the date format as you need it.

3. military - send files to CSV only in the format that will then understand the excel, or repaint the file manually in any text editor.

I strongly recommend the first method.

ZahvatkiN:

Any guys who can help create a robot for trading, just have an idea and need help in its implementation, I myself in programming is not strong, you can even get money, but reasonable!

I can do it for free if you like the idea, describe in a personal note the tactics, just about tell me if there is any sense.

alsu:

1. there is a clarification there - you cannot pass in a library (ex4 or dll) function by reference. This is what is meant by the phrase "within the module". I.e., the body of such a function can only be placed in the MQ4 file, which will call it, or at most in the included MQH.

2. Yes, you can pass an array into a function this way and get back the same array, but with changed elements or size, or both. If you pass an array without reference, it will return exactly what you passed, regardless of what happens to the array in the called function.

Thank you!

It would be very interesting to see the code of the finished function with this very useful gimmick.

I've seen a lot of function code, but I haven't seen the use of "parameters by reference" anywhere.

Of particular interest is feeding an array by reference into a function.

Please someone show me the code of such a function or a link to a function/advisor.

alsu:

There are three options:

1. Human - import the CSV file into Excel via 'data sources'.

2. The tricky one - change the comma to a dot in the regional settings to separate the integer and fractional parts, and also set the date format as you need it.

3. military - send files to CSV only in the format that will then understand the excel, or repaint the file manually in any text editor.

I strongly recommend the first way.

alsu - thank you very much, as always the troublesome option came up, changed the comma to a dot in the settings and you can work, and through the "data sources" was the same. Thanks again very much!

Does anyone know how to put a terminal in a MacBook?

I realise there's something missing here, but I don't understand what...

void Pass(int N) {  
    for(int y=0; y<=900; y=y+100){  
      for(int i=0; i<=90; i=i+10){
         for(int j=1; j<=9; j++)                     
            Param1=y;  //Param1,Param2,Param3 - глобальные переменные типа int.
            Param2=i;
            Param3=j;   
  } } } 

Where should I put N?

Goal: Decompose, for example, N=258 into y=200, i=50, j=8. Or N=49 decompose into y=0, i=40, j=9.

zas:

Alsu - thank you very much, as always the troublesome option came up, changed the comma to a dot in the settings and you can work, and through "data sources" it was the same. Thanks again very much!

Just for the record, when you import via data sources, there's also a delimiter button

Reason: