Why the developers failed to make a proper tester - page 6

FreeLance:

I was personally attracted by the JForex API, the availability of the market and the tick history database...

It can run on Eclipse or Netbeans. It is pleasant to debug.

The example on the link shows how to work with the API in real/demo and in the tester.

What a pity, the API is not visible in MT5 yet.

Not a word about ticks...

;)

--

Note that for operations with amounts greater than 100K there is also FIX API.

And you can use your Java application on smartphones too...

Android just imposes its SDK.

:)

By the way, I forgot to mention java, that says it all, no matter the platform. Not everyone uses Windows after all!

ChachaGames:

Just piss off!!! history!!! Gentlemen!!! I want a normal tick history for bids and asks, for perversions other methods - candles, splines, and for mega aesthetes tick modelling. But it should be possible to download history from your current broker!!!!!

Now the minute history is stored in brokerage companies for 2 months maximum. And if there was a tick history, it would be stored for a week or two.

FreeLance:
that's a fact!

CHOOSE ANOTHER BUSINESS,

if you don't like the risks...

:)

I like the risks of this business very much, I hate the flaws in the tools, (I am an IT guy myself, and I have worked a lot in strategic (not military) but vital areas), there is no "as it happens", "as it happens" - reliability and usability are in the first place everywhere, and money, however one may like it, is in the top of vital things for people! How can I rely on my robot that was trained on "generated ticks with 25% accuracy"??? That's a real bummer! GIVE TICKS from my broker to my tester!!!

goldtrader:
Nowadays, a minute history is stored in the DC for 2 months at the most. And if it were a tick history, it would be stored for a week or two.

Colleague!

Don't get used to it.

And don't try to tell neophytes that this is a given...

;)

jartmailru:

Tester for bar opening - if it's a simple buy-sell - two pages of code. Figure out swaps and spreads, check that the results are the same as in MT - that's the difficulty.

Personally, 90% of my complaints would evaporate if MT4 would just send me on an erotic journey in case of some problems in quotes history, instead of pretending that everything is normal. All the rest can be bypassed in some way, but this is like running in circles in a squirrel wheel. :(

Mathemat:

I looked at it too, and not for long either. Here's the undercurrent that was immediately apparent:

1. Conversion from other languages to JForex is correct only in the simplest cases. Conclusion: you have to write something serious in JForex. Are you ready for this?

2. it's good that there are often bot competitions on demos with decent prizes. The contest terms are curious and allow for manual intervention in the bot. However, there are more points:

- You are expected to publish the source code of the winner. If the winner refuses to publish it, his prize is halved. Consequence: there is nothing decent about the strategies in the published codes. I have already downloaded them, but I have not seen any particularly creative trading ideas.

- The real money that is thrown into the account must still be worked out with an appropriate volume of further trades with it. Only then they can be withdrawn.

I don't know how to download and use it, I just don't know how to open it on the Marketplace. I'm not talking about the volume of material similar to our kodobase: they are incomparable at all.

4. On the quality of testing and confidence in the results, as well as the speed of testing... go to sllawa3 : ), I haven't checked yet.

It is easier to write for JF and test there, and then translate to MT

ChachaGames:
It's easier to write for JF to test there, and then translate to MT

JForex has a bastard editor.

I recommend switching to Eclipse & JForex API.

;)

FreeLance:

Do you think that C++ is more reliable or productive than Java?

Or are we evaluating MT "languages"?

;)

It's not about languages ! What's the difference between mcl java or C + ! the main thing is the dealers or brokers and the platforms they use, their capabilities and the possibility to intervene through the server configuration ! If the person with whom you trade is primarily focused on how to rip you off (by any means), he uses the most suitable platform for that (metatrader in particular). If he is a broker with an exchange license, fraud on his part is out of the question (criminal offense on the exchange) and he could not care less what platform you trade from if it is open IPA (which none of the OCs has)! The result and performance will not depend on that! In that case, the platform is designed for the trader (for the maximum convenience of the one who trades on it, not for the convenience of the broker to rob his customers).

Sorento:

JForex has a bastard editor.

I recommend switching to Eclipse & JForex API.

;)

The editor is bearable, but the converter is a bummer !

For manual trading, of course, after MT this platform is a fairy tale !

sllawa3:
The editor is tolerable there but the converter is a real wreck!

aha!

cancel something, for example... ...or if you mess up the software, cancel the saving... the kurochne will be saved. ;)

And speaking of "dealers/brokers" - don't flatter yourself. on slippages (here it is (in DUkAScopy) insufficient to meet your application LIKVID of sorts!) who else has earned more?

And the commission is not small.

;)

Reason: