Indicators and can they be trusted? - page 4

Aleksander:
Maybe not Price? but for example Insiders :) in anticipation of news, who have made trades in the direction they want - i.e. People move the price - not the price, it moves on its own :)
Do you understand what you're saying?

OnGoing:
Is it self-inflicted?
Is it an experience

leman:
Did you understand what you said?
I know what I said to myself :) - the price doesn't move by itself... and not under the influence of indicators :)

leman:
It's an experience
But alsu will share half a million dollars with us, won't you? ))

leman:
This is nichyamu, the main thing is to say that indicators do not work. And the fact that the price takes into account the expectation of news long before its release, it does not matter. :)

I am sometimes amazed at the statements MA is slow, but what do you want from it? The MA is the average price for the period and no more, and how you act within the framework of your TS in relation to the average price for the period is your business, the indicators - super fast MA, adapted MA and .... - amuse me. - the meaning of the notion of average is lost

And in your case, you for some reason think that the indicator should predict the price behavior in the future, but it shouldn't reflect the current price behavior.

try to analyze the Momentum indicator - it will show the speed of price change for the period and nothing more, and how you will act if the price moved so fast for 5 bars that the MAs do not react to the MA crossing - it's up to you - maybe you decide that the price cannot go that fast, or maybe you decide that the planes are blowing up America again

the problem is in the efficient TS, not in the efficient indicator that knows where the price will go.

IgorM:

I'm sometimes amazed by the statements of MAs, and what do you want from them? The MA is the average price for the period and no more, and how you act within the framework of your TS in relation to the average price for the period - it is up to you, the indicators that amaze me - superfast MA, adapted MA and .... - the meaning of the concept of average is lost

and in your case, for some reason you think that the indicator should predict the price behavior in the future, but it should not reflect the current price behavior

try to analyze the Momentum indicator - it will show the speed of price change over the period and not more, and how you will act if the price moved so fast for 5 bars that the MAs do not react to the MA crossing - it's up to you - maybe you decide that the price cannot go that fast, or maybe you decide that the planes are blowing up America again

the problem is in the efficient TS, not in the efficient indicator that knows where the price will go.

What makes you think I think indicators are a predictive tool. On the contrary, I have always said that they are a measuring tool.

OnGoing:
But alsu will share half a million dollars with us, won't you? ))
On what basis should I share?

leman:
What makes you think I think indicators are a predictive tool. On the contrary, I have always said that they are a measuring tool.
Measuring for the sake of measuring? Or do you want to make money by expecting according to the measurement results... ?

leman:
On what basis should I share?
I mean, all the money in the world should have been at your feet by now.

OnGoing:
Measuring for the sake of measuring itself? Or do you want to earn money by waiting according to the measurement results...? ?
It's up to you, if you are interested in the process, just measure, if you want to make money, make money. And you can wait for a tram at a bus stop at 3 a.m., if you don't have a watch.
Reason: