Counter positions: self-deception or subtle tool? - page 6

Swetten:
Here, the operation of two TS on the same account.

The red one is TS #1, the yellow one is TS #2.

Each TS is reversible.

Spread 2 points, fixed lot 0.1, etc.

Shall we calculate?

Total with occurring lots: 1,698 pips.

Your move, colleague.

From point B to C 500 pips, and if you count by the yellow ZZ then 498. Maybe with lots of 1696 pips profit?

Нетто: 300+166*2+167*2+365*2=1696

And the correct way is to give in each point the Bid and Ask prices and correctly calculate both of them taking into account the spread.

Swetten:

1. At point A sell from 1.4055, lot 0.1

2. At point B buy from level 1.3755, lot 0.1

3. At the point 1 buy from the level 1.3755, lot 0.1

4. At point 2 sell (the lot appears) from the level 1.3921, lot 0.1

5. At the point 3 buy from the level 1.3821, lot 0.1

6. At point4 sell (creates a lock) from the level 1.3988, lot 0.1.

7. At point 5 buy from level 1.3888, lot 0.1.

5. At point C close at 1.4254

5. At point 6 close at 1.4254

I have provided a counted lot option in the hope that you as a net proponent will count yours.

P.S. As a reminder, each TS is reversible - i.e. when a new position is opened, the previous position is closed.

Returned :) ..... I want to clarify :

At point A we open a position by strategy 1 and hold until point B. At the point B of strategy 1 we make a reverse and buy position is held up to point C, and strategy 2, the point that is a point B of the first strategy is point 1 and + buy opening - i.e. 2 buy orders are open and position is held up to point 2, then strategy 2 close buy (take profit) and open sell to point 3, buy position of strategy 1 is held and the first lock occurs here.

We continue by analogy.

I'm not trying to recalculate my options a hundred times.

SZZ I got it - I got it right - I will re-calculate 2 variants in parallel ;).....

Avals:

from point B to C 500 pips, and if you count by the yellow ZZ then 498. Maybe 1696 points of profit?

Clearly a mistake in arithmetic, since the total length of the yellow zigzag is obviously greater than the red one.

Andrei01:
What makes you think that this situation repeats exactly with a 1/10,000 probability for all possible TC types?
an approximate number. Fact one, the probability of success of 2 locked orders is 2 times lower than a single order.

Counter positions: self-deception or subtle tool?

Svetlana, to answer your unsophisticated question: the advantage of opening counter positions over netting, which instead of locks-stops will be built up during failed entries, can be realized, again with a certain probability (by the way, note that netting already has no chance here! - the actual loss is recorded in the history, and the margin value is much lower compared to lots), if the theme is to close all positions of one direction, and upon reaching at least total breakeven, to close all positions of the opposite direction. So that's the prose. I did not even bother to look into your problems at the beginning of the branch, because they are irrelevant to my view of the matter. Such is my move.

Techno:
an approximate number. Fact one, the probability of success of 2 locked orders is 2 times lower than a single order.
Can you prove it mathematically? Preferably generalise to all types of TS and all possible market situations.

Andrei01:
Can you prove it mathematically? Preferably generalise to all types of TS and to all possible market situations.
I'm talking based on your words. you say one situation, but to the number it is all possible trades, the total number.

Techno:
I'm speaking from your words. you say one situation, well to the number is all the possible deals, the total number.
And here's a problem for you, strictly according to your logic of probability calculations: what do you think is the probability of meeting a mammoth in the street?

VladislavVG:

Back :) ..... I would like to clarify :

At point A we open a position by strategy 1 and hold it until point B. At the point B of strategy 1 we make a reverse and buy position is held up to point C, and strategy 2, the point that is a point B of the first strategy is point 1 and + buy opening, i.e. 2 buy orders are opened and the position is held up to point 2, then strategy 2 is closing buy (profit taking) and open sell position to point 3, buy position of strategy 1 is held and here we open the first lock.

We continue by analogy.

Please check if this is the case so I do not have to recalculate my options a hundred times.

Yes, each TS is reversible and independent of the next.

Avals:

From point B to C 500 points, and if you count in the yellow ZZ, then 498. How about 1696 points of profit with locks?

And the right thing to do is to give each point a Bid and Ask price and correctly calculate both, taking into account the spread.

The picture and objects are a bit 'floating', and actually it's a fine splash.

It's not a question of scraping every point and reporting it to the IRS, the point of contention is something else: to be locks or not.

Reason: