Do you need the names of financial instruments to fully analyse and trade? - page 5

It has all come down to a discussion of the term "major".

The topic is "Do you need the names of financial instruments for full analysis and trading?". The names of financial instruments provide no additional information (other than FAs).

The linear relationship is not difficult to find, so the division into "majors" and "crosses" is done without problems.

hrenfx:

The topic is "Do we need the names of financial instruments for full analysis and trading?". The names of financial instruments provide no additional information (other than FAs).

The answer is that they do - for full analysis and trading.

Tantrik:
The answer is you need it - for full-fledged analysis and trading.
It is advisable to justify your point of view.

hrenfx:
It is advisable to justify your point of view.
So two trends could be very similar... One is the banana republic currency (which flips once every four years) and the other is gold which is not falling but only correcting. And there will be a completely different trade with a different approach, and degree of risk.

hrenfx:

The topic is "Do we need the names of financial instruments for full analysis and trading?". The names of financial instruments provide no additional information (other than FAs).

The linear relationship is not difficult to find, so the division into "majors" and "crosses" is done without problems.

I would recommend that you give your own definitions of terms, as, for example, I do, if the meaning of generally accepted terms does not correspond to the meaning of yours. This will save you from unnecessary, unconstructive and pointless questions. Clearly you are referring to a "major" pair that leads its subordinate pairs. But this is obvious and understandable only to you, the rest of us are using established terms. Hence the misunderstanding.

ZS. For myself, by the way, I use the term "major" in the same way as you do.

ZZZY. B...., I'm still shocked by a question that sounded like this: "How does the task of a travelling salesman fit in with forex?".

Tantrik:
So two trends could be very similar... One is banana republic currencies (where flips once every four years) and the other is gold which is not going down but only correcting. And there will be a completely different trade with a different approach, and degree of risk.
Didn't mention "other than FA" in the title of the thread, but it is specifically mentioned everywhere in the posts.

Previously, the euro, the franc, the pound and the yen with the quid were de facto majors. Then a few more were added - the Canadian, the Aussie and the Kiwi with a quid. That was it. There are no more majors.

What you are talking about, hrenfx, are not majors, but base pairs. There can be many bases. But the general property of any of them remains the same: knowing the quotations of base pairs, one can find the quotations of all other pairs.

hrenfx:
I did not mention "other than FA" in the title of the topic, but it is specifically mentioned everywhere in the posts.

For example, in the case of building a TS running on linked instruments, when this relationship is determined by the nature of these very instruments....(e.g. DJ and SP; spot gold, forward gold and interest rate; all synthetics with options; etc., etc.) .......

Mathemat:

What you are talking about, hrenfx, are not majors, but base pairs. There can be many basis pairs. But the general property of any of them remains the same: knowing the quotations of base pairs, you can find the quotations of all other pairs.

Since we can find the basis without using the names of financial instruments, the names are not necessary (except FA).

hrenfx:
Didn't mention "other than FA" in the title of the thread, but it is specifically mentioned everywhere in the posts.

Intraday trading, pips... Those who know how to do it can do it without the name.
Reason: