Does any of the TA work on tick charts? - page 5

hrenfx:

The time between ticks makes no difference.

Whether the market came in 100 ticks in a second or a minute makes no difference.

This is a strange categorisation. For what - it doesn't? For absolute exchange rate levels, it doesn't. For a measure of market liquidity - it does. What are we talking about? It all depends on the TS in question. More precisely, on the market model used effectively.

Mathemat:

tickframe constructions are deprived of crucial information - the times between the arrivals of neighbouring ticks.

Deprived by whom? When a tick comes, it starts, and I record the time.

tara:
Deprived by whom? The tick came in - start start, fix the time.
This is if you are collecting ticks :)

Diamant:

I have this opinion - based on my research of different indicators and strategies.

The closing price is not as important as it sounds. The important thing is some _general_ trend... more broadly, some significant price change justified by something (like news, divergence, %paradigmname%). And I think many practicing traders would agree with me.

In this aspect, candlesticks, ticks, etc. are not all that important.

About the closing price. Try to use it to build a fractal and obtain a trading signal faster by 1 bar as compared to the classic fractal definition.

Diamant:
That's if you collect tics :)
I'm not collecting anything. That's the way MT works. It has been for a long time.

Let's deal with some open questions for discussion.

What is a minute or say hourly chart? It is the change in price over some definite period of time in which the price moved.

A tick is as if it has no definite time of its existence or it is too short to be accounted for :))

The information in ticks is not more or less than in the daily bars, but it must be considered in its own time range.

But it's absurd to look for hourly or daily tendencies on ticks:))) But it is possible, if programming skills and understanding of price formation processes are used skilfully.

It is better, of course, that the indicator has been developed according to specifics and properties of tick diagrams.

Once again: only in the context of the TC currently in use does it make sense to talk about the importance or unimportance of omitting some market environment information! It makes no sense to say that something is unimportant in and of itself.

Mathemat:
It's a strange categorization. For what - it doesn't? For absolute exchange rate levels - it doesn't. For a measure of market liquidity - it does. What are we talking about? It all depends on the TS in question. More precisely, on the market model used effectively.

It makes no difference to the market.

When one speaks of a time series (TP) of market prices, one does not mean that the market has been read at some human habitual time (as is common on the bar view).

Each new market tick, no matter how much time has elapsed from the previous one, is a full member of the market's BP.

Therefore, bar indicators are incorrect. The correct indicator, which does not depend on time - ZigZag.

And this is the main reason, why market VR for the analysis must be formed not by the bar, but by the vertex (ZigZag).

The ZigZag with a min knee is all ticks. When the min knee condition is increased, filtering occurs. And it is much more correct than filtering by time (timeframes).

P.S. I'm sure almost no one will agree with me.

hrenfx:

When one speaks of a time series (TP) of market prices, one does not mean that the market has been read at some human habitual time (as is common on the bar view).

Each new market tick, no matter how much time has elapsed from the previous one, is a full member of the market's BP.

Therefore, bar indicators are incorrect. The correct indicator, which does not depend on time - ZigZag.

And this is the main reason, why market VR must be formed not by the bar, but by the vertex (ZigZag).

The ZigZag with a min knee is all ticks. When the min knee condition is increased, filtering occurs. And it is much more correct than filtering by time (timeframes).

I agree. Although I don't use 33 at all in my TCs.

hrenfx:

Each new market tick, irrespective of how much time has elapsed from the previous one, is a full member of the market's BP.

And this is the main reason, why market VR for the analysis must be formed not by the bar, but by the vertex (ZigZag).

I would agree, but immediately take the topic even further "sideways" by suggesting "event-driven" timeframes. Bar open/close times are determined by news and trading session schedules. How about that!
Reason: