I can't decide... - page 2

IgorM:

i had a problem with mql = didn't know it :)

But unfortunately for you, before mql I knew Assembler, the theory of digital automata, C++, Pascal, Delphi and a little bit of 1C with SCADA

))))

that's what i mean (

what about a clean slate?

IgorM:

i had a problem with mql = didn't know it :)

But unfortunately for you, I knew before mql - Assembler, theory of digital automata, C++, Pascal, Delphi and a little bit of 1C with SCADA

))))

I'm a little bit the opposite :) MQL is the first language I've learned (but I've never learned any language before, except very simple Pascal programs from school). Now I'm studying C++.

sever30:

That's what I'm saying.

What about a clean slate?

start writing code from scratch = start() function

and where knowledge is lacking - help

i wrote an advisor yesterday using modules - it took me 40 minutes to write the strat:

int start()
  {
   double current_stoplevel = MarketInfo(sy, MODE_STOPLEVEL)+1;
   int      trend = zigzag();
   orders();
   if (oldtrend != trend) {trade = true; oldtrend = trend; if (UseSound)PlaySound("alert.wav");}
   string   s = "";
   if (trend == -1) {s = "SELL"; if (!HaveSellOrder) OpenSellOrder();CheckOpenOrdersBuy(total, current_stoplevel, StopLossRevers); }
   if (trend ==  1){ s = "BUY"; if (!HaveBuyOrder)  OpenBuyOrder(); CheckOpenOrdersSell(total, current_stoplevel, StopLossRevers);}
   if (trend == 0)  s = "ХЗ";
   Comment(s);

return(0);
  }

learn to write code in modules = functions, not all in one

Here's ICL training from the basics, for dummies, I think everything is explained in detail. Please have a look at it, will it work?

Files:

sever30:

Anyone here who has had the same problem as me and then mastered ICL?

1 Open the Meta Editor

2 Open the indicator code, for example Alligatr

3 Put your cursor on the name of any function and press F1

IgorM:

start writing code - straight from scratch = start() function

I see some familiar letters - HZ.

I use them now when writing EAs...

sever30:

I don't know a thing about programming, I've never dealt with it before, I have a liberal arts education. I'm afraid to lose time studying MCL. And I'm scared to get into this stuff, but I really want to learn how to implement my own ideas, and when I open some code, I get scared. It's like a phobia of hieroglyphics... I think I can do everything, but not MKL.

Will I be able to master the language? I was stopped half a year ago by one engineer who said that if you've never faced with this, then it's better not to try, he said, you'll suffer.

What do you think? What would you advise? What to do?

"To learn to fly, you have to fly."

It's the same here.

sever30:

I see some familiar letters - HZ.

I use them now when writing EAs.

Well, that's the best way to determine the future trend! And you said you don't know anything about programming!

SZ: put the constructor together - and people will tell you, it's like this : https://forum.mql4.com/ru/33104

The only thing you need to do now is to use the constructor - it's already done.

sever30:

I don't know a thing about programming, I've never dealt with it before, I have a liberal arts education. I'm afraid to lose time studying MCL. And I'm scared to get into this stuff, but I really want to learn how to implement my own ideas, and when I open some code, I get scared. It's like a phobia of hieroglyphics... I think I can do everything, but not MKL.

Will I be able to master the language? I was stopped half a year ago by one engineer who said that if you've never faced with this, then it's better not to try, he said, you'll suffer.

maybe that's not what he meant, but it's best not to get involved with mts creators until you have studied mcl4.

sever30:

I have the same problem! I know for a fact (at least for me) it won't work on its own! Only if someone helps...
Reason: