EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 2) - page 762

barfly13:

1.45 as a ceiling and a target in this trend should reach it, we'll just roll back a bit and buy... And lots are really mega useful thing when executed correctly, it's better than any other stops and takeoffs...
This is what makes it easier to enter the stop. Theoretically, lock is nonsense-just a psychological trick.

Fraktal:
Explain to me the difference between entering a lock and closing a trade. Purely theoretically, lock is nonsense - a purely psychological trick.

So it's like this. Think for yourselves, guys, I said it all.

Fraktal:
Explain to me the difference between entering a lock and closing a trade. Purely theoretically, lock is nonsense - a purely psychological trick.
I totally agree...

Sta2066:

Never open a pose against the trend.
I like romance better, I like surprises and thrills.

Good afternoon.

Before the members of this forum, I apologize to Strenger and Forte, whom I recently undeservedly insulted.

I know I was a pig, but I promise it won't happen again.

TEXX:

Good afternoon.

Before the members of this forum, I apologize to Strenger and Forte, whom I recently undeservedly insulted.

I know I was a pig, but I promise it won't happen again.

that's the thing...

Fraktal:
Explain to me how entering a lock is different from a normal close. Purely theoretically, lock is a stupid, purely psychological trick.

Well, if, it is a play on a pullback, within the main movement, towards which the main position is opened. Maybe less action: if one wants to play up when positions are open down, wouldn't it be easier to open a trade in double size than to close a sell and open a buy, just one action (there is a script to flip all positions)!!!! Just kidding of course, lock is an empty thing))))

AlexSTAL:
Totally agree...

Here's an example of trading in the last two weeks: I had 4 sells at 0.1,

at 1.4158 buy 0.4, close at 1.4218, sell 0.1 at 1.4179, close at 1.4045, sell 0.1 at 1.4049,now buystop 0.5 at 1.4129. Instead of stupidly spouting in minus...., keep picking your nose and thinking, I won't say anything more on this topic.

Exactly, that psychologically it is difficult at first, it is much easier to close at stoploss and forget.

strangerr:

Here is an example of trading in the last two weeks: I had 4 sells at 0.1

at 1.4158 buy 0.4, close at 1.4218, sell 0.1 at 1.4179, close at 1.4045, sell 0.1 at 1.4049,now buystop 0.5 at 1.4129. Instead of stupidly spit in minus...., further dig in your nose and think, I will not say anything more on this topic.

When the lot is unequal or short-term work against the main movement - I agree, but everything else is psychology

Fraktal:
Explain to me the difference between entering a lock and closing a trade. Theoretically, lock is nonsense, purely a psychological trick.

All the pros and cons of locks are described in the discussion of the new MT5 platform, I don't remember who wrote the first topic that raised these questions... But here's the thing I completely agree with strangerr, it's that lots are good to control an erroneously open position, i.e., if you clearly see the levels, then there is no problem to close almost any position with profit, instead of closing it with a stop... I can give you a specific example, I decided for myself the market reversal level at 1.4300 and sold there with a buy stop at 1.4350, if it works out, I just quit this position and forget about it till the next level at 4550 up or 3750 below, from which there is a guaranteed rebound, and parallel to this time, quietly trade in the direction of where the market went ...
I hope the explanations are simple and clear...
Reason: