EURUSD - Trends, Forecasts and Implications (Part 2) - page 472

chepikds:

has nothing to do with it at all?!
Of course it has nothing to do with it. No, of course all European currencies had an impact on the ecu.

strangerr:
Here is an illustration of why 97% of traders keep their deposits in forex: EUR has been going up for almost four months, dated 07.06.2010, but the person is still in doubt :)))

You are right 97% of traders are longing, and only 3% are in doubt :)

PS I myself am with the crowd so far, but it is too early to consider it a long term trend and not a correction.

Purely IMHO.

BoraBo:

You're absolutely right 97% of traders are longing and only 3% are hesitant :)

PS I'm with the crowd myself so far, but it's too early to consider it a long term trend and not a correction.

Purely IMHO.

Where do you get this figure of 97%? the maximum skew in the positions that I've seen is 65/35, usually it's 55/45. All dealers' websites show this ratio

FXlike:

Where does this 97% figure come from? The maximum skew I've seen is 65/35, usually 55/45. All dealers' websites show this ratio

The figure is taken empirically, as well as the fact that 97% of traders are losing. You just took that figure out of context.

strangerr:
Here is a vivid illustration to the question why about 97% of traders leave their deposit in forex: EUR has been going up for almost four months, from 07.06.2010, and a man is still in doubt :))))

Dear colleague, I invite you to chat on Skype.

BoraBo:

You are absolutely right 97% of traders are in longs and only 3% are in doubt :)

PS I myself am with the crowd so far, but it is too early to consider it a long term trend and not a correction.

IMHO.

It's an upward trend until the downward trend starts, and whether it's long-term or short-term is a matter of tenths.

FXlike:

the market moves not because someone is winning, but because someone is losing. it is important to understand that movement occurs on blown stops. where are most people's stops now? where would you buy for nothing, thinking it was too expensive? right, at 1.3640, this high is doomed, it will break and head further up and this will happen not because everyone is so stupid for buying so high, but because everyone is so smart and intended to sell for high.

I will say differently, in the financial world there are two common approaches to valuing financial instruments - fundamental and "buy and hold". you draw your own conclusions, although there is some truth in what you say... but the main point is far from understanding the markets.

EricGR:

Dear colleague, I would like to invite you to Skype.
With pleasure, only tomorrow, I just arrived in the morning - tired.

strangerr:
I'd love to, only tomorrow, just arrived in the morning - tired.

OK, I will have some interesting data, I think to barter information)))

And another thing, the reaction of the branch to the formation/change of market trends, I noticed it happens very late))) it's ridiculously simple, as strangerr said the trend has existed for more than 4 months... and only recently have they started talking about the stability of the upward trend... There was some unsubstantiated talk about a trend change in the franc... there are no preconditions, the downward trend is stable there, by the way, there was a share point recently... and confirming the integrity of the market is fundamentally wrong!

Yes, and that said, I respect many of the techniques of the participants in the thread, this message does not apply to everyone...

Reason: