Indicator dump by Dserg - page 2

Dserg писал(а) >>
Added a picture.
What do you think of the system?

I guess this indicator can only tell.... Price dropped 50pp bounce next 60pp. trend change?

Tantrik >>:

Наверное это индикатор только может определить.... Цена упала на 50пп

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean :)
The idea of the indicator is to determine , where is the trend and where is the correction. It is this algorithm that colours some (generally arbitrary) filtering indicator.

The peculiarity of the indicator is its ability to take huge trends.
Let's say, on Eurobucks H4 we are still looking down, and still have not closed the sales from December 4!
There were corrections, yes, but according to the rules above we do not close the main orders on corrections.

Dserg писал(а) >>

I'm a bit confused as to what you mean :)
The idea of the indicator is to determine, Where is the trend and where is the correction. It is this algorithm that colours some (generally arbitrary) filter indicator.

Not all of the text is captured in the question. Then tell me the difference between a pullback and a trend change is 10pp and the colour is different?

The criterion for a trend change is a pullback of a certain % plus a certain number of points. Anything less is a correction.
The default is a 20% pullback plus 3 ATR over 3000 bars.

Dserg писал(а) >>
The criterion for a trend change is a pullback of a certain % plus a certain number of points. Anything less is a correction.
Default is a pullback of 20% plus 3 ATR over 3000 bars.

I closed the right side of the chart - price drops by 50pp or 60pp. How do I know in time whether it is a pullback or a trend change? Well there is a 100 day debt - 200pp on swaps.

Tantrik >>:

Вы мне по русски объясните я закрыл правую половину графика - снижение цены 50пп или 60пп как можно определить вовремя откат это или смена тренда? да ещё и доливаться? Ну тут и долглсрочка 100дней - 200пп на свопы.

I must be very bad at explaining things :)
So, somehow we have determined that we are in a trend upwards, let's say. We know the minimum and maximum of the indicator from the beginning of this trend.
The correction has begun.
As soon as we corrected by 20% - we believe that the trend has changed. The previous trend's top becomes the beginning of the new one.
Everything is simple :)

Dserg. Remove the locs - they are completely unnecessary. You're just messing with people's heads, that we keep them on "correlation". We may as well (with great success!) just close - there will be less losses on swaps, and in some brokerage companies we will have less spread. In some brokerage companies there will be less loss on the spread.

Dserg писал(а) >>

I must be very bad at explaining things :)
So, somehow we have determined that we are in a trend upwards, let's say. We know the minimum and maximum of the indicator from the beginning of this trend.
The correction has begun.
As soon as we corrected by 20% - we believe that the trend has changed. The previous trend's top becomes the beginning of the new one.
Everything is simple :)

Got it! This chart is a visual aid.

Svinozavr >>:
Dserg. Локи-то уберите - они совершенно лишние. Только голову людям морочите, что на "коорекциях держим". Можно с тем же (с большим!) успехом просто закрыть - на свопах потерь меньше будет, а в нектр. ДЦ и на спреде.

Technically it doesn't matter, I'm just so used to it.
Will there really be a loss on the spread or not?
You could do it like you said, i.e. reopen at the end of a correction.
Reason: