Need help in installing indicators for MT5 on MAC

Hello all,

I have a problem installing an indicator on Mac OS X. I downloaded the indicator for Mac and put it in the indicators directory, as advised somewhere on the net. But the indicator does not show up when I open the MT5 application (I have quit and re-opened it a number of times). 

Does anyone have any advice on what to do?

Thanks a lot in advance,

kind regards

Valinda 

smithvalinda:

Hello all,

I have a problem installing an indicator on Mac OS X. I downloaded the indicator for Mac and put it in the indicators directory, as advised somewhere on the net. But the indicator does not show up when I open the MT5 application (I have quit and re-opened it a number of times). 

Does anyone have any advice on what to do?

Thanks a lot in advance,

kind regards

Valinda 

Smithvalinda : should go first >file >Open data folder > MQL4 > Indicators .. Here are put your indicators then reopen software will be done . Try

Thank you... but that's exactly what I did, and it doesn't show up in the program... any suggestions on why it might not be working?

hi smithvalinda. did you find solution on you problem? i have the same problem and im stuck.. nobody able to help??? i'm running MT5 via Wine on mac

The right Path to save the files is:

/Users/Your_USER/Library/Application Support/MetaTrader 5/Bottles/metatrader5/drive_c/Program Files/MetaTrader 5/MQL5

saratchev:

The right Path to save the files is:

/Users/Your_USER/Library/Application Support/MetaTrader 5/Bottles/metatrader5/drive_c/Program Files/MetaTrader 5/MQL5

Still doesn’t work. Tried not showing up I am battling with a ex5 files 

Hi,

The correct path is:

You need to cd into it in a terminal and then:

open .

Which then opens a finder at that location. Then copy and paste the indicators or experts into the required location. Then open each of the files in MetaEditor and compile them to make sure there are no errors in the files.

Restart all MetaTrader related applications by closing them all to close down the wine instance (the windows and file systems in wine) then restart meta trader as usual .. if its still not visible then please comment here again and we will try to look deeper into your problem.

Hi this worked for me thanks! =)

Reason: