how to teach the TS to distinguish between FLET and TREND??? - page 7

strelec >>:

Используя лишь технический анализ, т.е. только глядя на график, невозможно определить начало и окончание тренда.

Well, yes. Until the opposite trend starts, it's impossible. The trick: at what phase of a new trend is it possible to know that it is a new trend. The problem here is distinguishing between an impulse and a correction. However, the problem is solvable in some places. But all the same - you won't get much out of it.

It is necessary to carefully read economic news, i.e. - to apply the fundamental analysis.

Yes, yes! Just don't accidentally tell that to those who "read the economic news carefully" during the crisis. There may be trouble. Right up to self-injury. Right after the words "Fundamental analysis". And the excuses about Kondratiev's long cycles will not help here either - they will be beaten. )))

===

I by no means deny the value of FA, but until a new trend is proven that the movement has reversed (continued), the market does not care about FA. And especially on small TFs - there is only technique and system perturbation from news.

strelec >>:

Уже гляжу. Заодно и еще много других диссертаций нашел по похожей теме. Спасибо за подсказку.

Would you mind posting it in private? If it's not too much trouble. Looked at the abstract - there seems to be something interesting. Thank you. (chuckles)

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

Well, yes. Until the opposite trend starts, it's impossible. The trick: at what phase of a new trend is it possible to know that it is a new trend. The problem here is distinguishing between an impulse and a correction. However, the problem is solvable in some places. But all the same - you will not get much profit out of it.

But don't accidentally tell that to those who "read the economic news closely" during the crisis. There may be trouble. Up to and including self-harm. Right after the words "Fundamental analysis". And the excuses about Kondratiev's long cycles will not help here either - they will be beaten. )))

===

I by no means deny the value of FA, but until a new trend is proven that the movement has reversed (continued), the market does not care about FA. And especially on small TF - there is only technique and system perturbation from news.

If the market waits for good news about an instrument, that instrument will rise until the news is released. And the market does not care about overbought/oversold, support/resistance levels.
And I know only one technical indicator, that can somehow confirm or refute the presence of a trend - the "ease of movement" indicator. But for its calculation I need to know the volume of transactions, which is unknown in Forex.

strelec >>:

Если рынок ждет хороших новостей касательно какого-либо инструмента, то этот инструмент будет расти до самого момента выхода этих новостей. И рынку начхать на перекупленности-перепроданности, уровни поддержки-сопротивления.

Yes, but this explanation (the market went up expecting good news) is for glamorous analysts. Then, after the session. Values to trade are zeros. There is no telling when the expectation is recouped. The situation with the trend repeats itself.
I know only one technical indicator, which can somehow confirm or refute the presence of a trend - the "ease of movement" indicator. But to calculate it you need to know the volume of deals, which is unknown in Forex.

Well, do not get upset - I do not know much either.

1. А сейчас уже не флэт? Не понял Вас повторно.
2. СКО - среднеквадратичное или стандартное отклонение. Основная мера волатильности.

On D1 it's still flat..... it's possible that in the next few days the trend will start going upwards (let's assume it will start), so here's a thought - how to make TS automatically turn on trend parameters in a couple of days (let's assume it's there)...

Svinozavr >>:

Ну да. Пока не начался противоположный тренд - невозможно. Фишка: на какой фазе нового тренда можно понять, что это новый тренд. Проблема здесь в различении импульса и коррекции. Впрочем, проблема местами решаема. Но все равно - много на этом не заработаешь.

Да-да! Вы только тем, кто в кризис "внимательно читал экономические новости", это случайно не скажите. Могут быть неприятности. Вплоть до членовредительства. Сразу после слов "Фундаментальный анализ". И отмазки про кондратьевские длинные циклы здесь тоже не помогут - побьют. )))

===

Я ни в коей мере не отрицаю ценность ФА, но пока новым трендом не будет доказано, что движение развернулось (продолжилось), чихать рынку на ФА. А уж особенно на мелких ТФ - там только техника и возмущения системы от новостей.

Beautiful guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it is unrealistic to distinguish between the beginning of a trend and a flat))))))))))))))))))))) everything in the world is material, and therefore can be described technically more accurately than philosophically (i.e. FA)

strelec >>:

Если рынок ждет хороших новостей касательно какого-либо инструмента, то этот инструмент будет расти до самого момента выхода этих новостей. И рынку начхать на перекупленности-перепроданности, уровни поддержки-сопротивления.
И всех технических индикаторов, которые хоть как-то могут подтверждать или опровергать наличие тренда я знаю только один - индикатор "легкости движения". Но для его расчета надо знать объем сделок, котрый на Форексе неизвестен.

I do not agree!!! Have you been in the market long?! It is not always in anticipation of good news that the currency may rise, may stand still, may fall...... but the technique will work - you probably saw it when the price moves in a tight corridor before the news - so it is either the channel edges or levels of resistance and support!!!!

basile >>:

красавчег!!!!!!!!!!!!!!нереально на ФА различать начало тренда и флэта)))))))))))))))))))))все в мире материально,а значит можно описать технически более точнее чем филосовски(т.е. ФА)

just the opposite.

In the flat - before a possible change in global parameters (FA). phase of unsteady waiting...

afterwards - the trend continues or goes the other way.

;)

basile писал(а) >>

I do not agree!!! Have you been in the market long?! It is not always in anticipation of good news that the currency may rise, may stand still, may fall...... but the technique will work - you probably saw it when the price moves in a narrow corridor before the news - so it is either a channel boundary or levels of resistance and support!!!!

Since 2003. But I started treating FA seriously not so long ago. Here is an example. On 4 December 2009, the market is waiting for the release of the new jobs data. The expected value is the same as the previous one. Flat. The data comes out better than expected. 200 points in two hours. The same indicator on January 8, 2010. The expected value is better than the previous one. Before the publication - the movement in the expected direction.The data comes out worse than forecast. U-turn.

basile >>:

на D1 еще флэт.....возможно в ближайшие дни начнется тренд вверх(допустим что начнется),отсюда мысль-как сделать так чтоб ТС через пару дней автоматически включила трендовые параметры(допустим они есть)...

Yeah. Like a U-turn!

I am dreaming of it myself! "Academically...

And if you are willing to wait a couple of days for confirmation - change the global variable manually.

But on m15 (or H1) it will not work that way.

You need a criterion!

;)

Reason: