Avalanche - page 36

JonKatana писал(а) >>

Explain. I have never said that I am chasing the number of pips. Are you suggesting to wait until the price moves in the profitable direction (say, 100 pips), if there is a 40 pips swing, one order is triggered and the price moves in the profitable direction? And if it does not go through, we do not care about the profit and allow the price to reverse and activate the opposite order? You will have to wait 100 points? You are confused. The target is to make a profit, the Avalanche is an extreme case. After all, after you have taken even 5 pips, you immediately reset the orders. And again you take profit. And so dozens of times a day. By the evening you may gather 100-150 points of profit.

there is a break-even point, there is a trawl, etc. but not "5p".

artikul писал(а) >>

And why did you enter the buy-in without the village, which is priced higher? ))) Then you will be left out ))))

ok. went into the sell, price went north.... continue

sever29 >>:

есть точка безубыточности, есть трал и т.д. но не 5п.

Exactly 5. You could even go as low as 1. The less greedy you are for the number of pips, the more chance you have of taking profits without letting the price turn around.

JonKatana писал(а) >>

Exactly 5. You can even go as low as 1. The less greedy you are for the number of pips, the more chance you have of taking profits without letting the price turn around.

36 pages for 1 point profit?

There is a risky way to get out of an avalanche very quickly - by dragging the opposite order. If we initially place wider orders (let it be the same 40 points as in the example), after one of them triggers and the price fluctuates around the order (the price does not go to profit at once), we quickly move the opposite order (of double volume) as close to the triggered one as possible (for example, 10 points away). Then at a reversal and the activation of the opposite order, the price will have to pass just 10 points to breakeven. Once again, this is a risky method.

sever29 >>:

36 страниц ради 1 пункта прибыли?

I wrote 'you can'. Not 'only so'. Before that, I suggested 5 points for an advisor to try to write one of the people of the case, not words.

sever29 >>:

ок. вошли в сел, цена пошла на север.... продолжайте

Well, it's very simple, isn't it? ))) If you go into a sell, you should already have a buy of the value below. ))) If you enter buy, you should have an open above sell accordingly. )))

artikul писал(а) >>

Well, it's very simple, isn't it? ))) If you go into a sell, you should already have a buy of the value below. ))) If you enter buy, you should have an open above sell accordingly. )))

So, which should come first, the chicken or the egg?

I have been reading this forum for a long time. I have a lot of useful information from it.
However, I have not written before, because there was no special reason to do so. But this topic struck a nerve. Because I had a very unpleasant experience.
Probably a large percentage of frequenters of this hangout long ago passed this period of "fascination with Martin. Someone came up with the swing himself, someone saw the idea somewhere and implemented it. But one way or another - a lot of people tested and tried to work ... and maybe even dumped something. That's why the topic has caused such a stir.

I would like to cool down the topic starters a bit, and perhaps disappoint them lightly with an absolutely real, unhappy story from my own life.
I've been working in forex for a long time... for about 8 years now. I've been pretty successful. But one day - my small but stable earnings (about 10-15% per month) seemed to me too insignificant for such efforts. And I do not know what bites me - perhaps it's all from the evil one:)) But once again I have "invented" the wheel. Exactly the same TS - which is so beautiful and hot describes the topicstarter. Tested it on a demo with a week of hands. All fine - twofold increase in depo for a week. Mild euphoria. As a result I realised that it would be exhausting to trade by hand, all the more so because the moment of profit taking and closing several open orders simultaneously at a right time, when profits are critically dependent on the slightest movement, is virtually impossible to implement by hand.
I have written my first Expert Advisor. Thank God I am a programmer by education, so learning mql was not very difficult.
Then I had my second, third version and so on. If I rummage through my computer's vaults, I may even find these masterpieces somewhere :) After some analysis and based on the undeniable fact that the price stays in the flat much longer than in a strong trend - I changed the swing to overclock. I.e. it worked great in the flat...
Ran it in the tester in all modes... On all the history since 1998... got stunning results... I.e., with a correctly chosen range and the initial lot 0.01, the deposit grew from 10,000 to astronomical trillions after a couple of years.
I was already quite an experienced trader - I was well aware of the difference between the tester and real trading and between a demo account and live dough. (slippage, requoting, etc.), so I periodically "showered" myself with cold water and thought - of course I would not make trillions - but I was already aiming for a sweet life quite specifically:)
In general - my brain has fogged up finally and irrevocably.

It's not going to be so optimistic from here on. My brain, fogged up, made a decision: stop playing with matches - it's time to make some dough. I poured an honestly earned grand into the real account. I turned on my "grail" and started watching with bated breath - of course, in full readiness to intervene at any moment.
Then even more fun. On the first day, I earned 100 baht. The second and third day - a couple hundred more. Thoughts of a future holiday began to swirl in my head, and the long-standing dream of changing my car for a more expensive one... And I remember that nice, sunny day in February 2008. Euro/Bucks was stuck in one of 50 points - and I increased my lot from 0.1 to 51.2 (just ten steps), I started running up almost 1,500 points, almost without a break during 2 hours... That's it... ales... Of course Kolya Morzhov came much earlier than the price stopped... I was staring at the monitor for another half an hour - watching the price keep going... and does not even think about pulling back... (it only rolled back two weeks later, as I recall). And I sat there thinking... if I'd traded like before - I would have made a couple dozen thousand quid - enough for a nice holiday in the Emirates, or to buy a new car... Instead, in my own idiocy, I lost a thousand bucks...

That's what it's all about. As it has been repeatedly said on this forum. The market is unpredictable. The only axiom in the market is price. All the rest is just theories and assumptions. To calculate a corridor based on the volatility of the previous day or month - is nothing more than a delusion ... You can optimize as much or as little as you want... You can set such parameters and filters that the drawdowns will be minimal, and the profit will creep up exponentially. But all this on the history. The next value of the price - does not depend on the history. It doesn't.
And the fact that the EUR-bucks mostly goes in the range of 50-100 points a day now - absolutely does not prevent it from starting to go in the range of 1500-2000 points a day tomorrow... that's the end of the swing or averaging...

Sorry for the long tale... and thanks to those who read it:) It's just a topic that really gets to the heart of the matter... I would like to caution overconfident people so that they may learn from other people's plums... not from their own.
Although it's probably only your own plums that really teach you... When you read about other people's plums everyone thinks: "It won't happen to me, I am not an idiot, I have thought it through...".

So... I'm done... Thank you for your attention.

JonKatana писал(а) >>

I wrote 'you can'. Not 'only so'. Before that, I offered 5 points for an advisor to try to write one of the people of the case, not words.

I get your hint, I can't program, but I do implement my words through people of action. That is, the difference between a man of action and a man of words is only in the "middleman".