Generation of uniformly distributed random numbers (0,1) - page 6

Avals >>:

что значит не псевдо? Такого в природе вроде нет.

What about the white noise of radio frequencies does it not exist in nature?

Urain писал(а) >>

What about the white noise of radio frequencies does it not exist in nature?

The point here is that it is impossible to generate truly random numbers with any algorithm if there is no external source of entropy.

Urain писал(а) >>

What about white noise of radio frequencies does it not exist in nature?

What makes you think that specific white noise is completely random (unpredictable)? Perhaps there is not enough raw data and dependencies on which it is formed. It depends on the knowledge and awareness of the observer. There is no randomness at all, it is a human invention (abstraction) with a lack of data/knowledge about a particular phenomenon.

Avals >>:

А с чего вы взяли, что конкретный белый шум является абсолютно случайным (непредсказуемым)? Возможно нет достаточно исходных данных и зависимостей по которым он формируется. Зависит от знаий и информированности наблюдающего. Случайности вообще нет, это выдумка человека (абстракция) при недостатке данных/знаний о конкретном явлении.

That's what I was getting at, you just need to understand the degree to which randomness is appropriate for the task at hand.

As the janitor in The 12 Chairs said, "the mare is the bride of the mare".

gumgum писал(а) >>

Bl.... I said 1/32767........n/32767 of course n e [0.32767]! Offer your generator that's all(I'll say thanks). Certainly not the "obviously" rational numbers alone.

That's right, man. I didn't ask the question as a joke, I asked it as a matter of fact. You probably don't need a generator, but a normal problem statement. Otherwise, in the end you'll find some supergenerator and after torturing yourself with its application, you'll realize that everything is much easier.

Rational numbers aren't enough for you? That already shows you don't know what you're doing.

I dare you to be upset. You have never used irrational numbers in your computational problems, nor will you ever. And no computer ever uses them. So chill out and try to formulate what density of numbers you need and why. People here are responsive, will definitely help put your numerical experiments right.

Yurixx >>:

Точно что блин. Я же вопрос не для прикола задал, а по делу. Тебе, скорее всего, не генератор нужен, а нормальная постановка задачи. Иначе дело закончится тем, что в конце концов, найдя какой-нибудь супергенератор и помучавшись с его применением, ты поймешь, что все делается гораздо проще.

Тебе мало рациональных чисел ? Это уже говорит о том, что ты не понимаешь, что делаешь.

Смею тебя расстроить. Ты никогда еще в своих расчетных задачах не использовал и не будешь использовать иррациональные числа. И ни один компьютер их не использует. Так что поостынь и попытайся сформулировать какая плотность чисел тебе нужна и зачем. Народ тут отзывчивый, определенно поможет поставить твои численные эксперименты правильно.

What about hypotenuse?

gumgum >>:
А гипотинуза?

With a margin of error. Have you forgotten machine accuracy? You can't get more than 15 digits anyway. You've already been offered 9, you turned it down.

Or then tell me exactly how you would represent the root of 2.

Mathemat >>:

С погрешностью. Про машинную точность забыл?

I forgot but it's not cretitic .If it's not already an exact square.

gumgum писал(а) >>

I forgot, but it's not irrational. If it's not already an exact square.

What does this phrase mean? What is not critical? What is the hypotenuse? What does the exact square have to do with it?

Write down one irrational number for us here, darling. We'll have a look at it. Because I swear no one here has ever seen an irrational number alive.

Yurixx >>:

Напиши, дорогой, нам здесь ну хоть одно иррациональное число. Мы на него посмотрим. А то, клянусь, никто здесь еще ни разу в жизни не видел иррациональное число живьем.

Maybe I shouldn't. Because I'm already feeling uneasy.

Reason: