decompilation protection - page 7

Svinozavr >> :

..I.e. the idea is to use input parameters as a kind of password, which in turn will be linked to the client. And the logic (and I had it when I wrote it - I wasn't making a zacita then!), tied to them should be hmm... logical. )))

Number of parameters should be sufficient to make optimization difficult, and logic of their use should not give a) reliable optimization result and b) possibility to apply gen.algorithm...

The idea of complicating external parameters has been fermenting in the brain for a long time and has serious justification. If one proceeds from the principle that the only sensible requirement is not complete closeness of code, but rather creating significant difficulties for users of decompiled scripts, then a large number of interdependent parameters with no talking variable names already presents an almost insurmountable difficulty for the average user.

As a user I have a rich practice of dumping experts without documentation with a lot of incomprehensible settings. I believe that 9 out of 10 common traders do the same.

What are you really agonising over on this subject. Until you have the source code of the metatrader in your hands, as I said above, the use of EAs really worth something on a certain account is out of the question. Moreover, you can not even use Metatrader from another brokerage company on one computer, because the metatrader reads the hard drive serial number and God knows what it does with it. About decompilation. You can decompile everything. This is logic. Like any logic, it can be solved. In this case the EA can be decompiled.

registred писал(а) >>

Moreover, you cannot even use a metatrader from another DC on the same computer, because the metatrader reads the hard drive serial number and God knows what it does with it.

Can you explain this in more detail for dummies?

goldtrader >> :

Can we go into more detail about this for dummies?

More details to the developers with questions why they need the relevant Windows features.

And in general, don't be naive. No MT source on hand to look at its ability to transfer data to the DC server, no Expert Advisor under MT. It's as simple as that.

goldtrader >> :

Can we go into more detail about this for dummies?

Open notepad terminal.exe, look for line GetVolumeInformationA, is there ?

there is. and this function returns:

The GetVolumeInformation function returns information about a file system and volume whose root directory is specified.

The serial number of the logical drive (C:, D:,...).

The only question is what this information is for, and where it goes. But serial number changes after formatting,

so there's no danger of that information leaking.

registred >> :

And in general, don't be naive. No MT source on hand to look at its ability to transfer data to the DC server, no Expert Advisor under MT. It's as simple as that.

Access to sources is not necessary. A debugger is enough. Only violation of conditions of metatrader usage is a bad thing.

lseder >> :

Access to the source code is not necessary. A debugger is enough. Only violation of the metatrader's terms of use is a bad thing.

Access to the source code is not necessary, the data transfer protocol specification will suffice. If gentlemen developers are honest, they should, by idea, provide this information to serious investors/traders, as it is about money, intellectual property, nobody is going to play with toys in the market (though in the new version of MT it is possible), especially with money, so... As for disk formatting, along with the notion of a volume in the returned structure there is also the factory number of the hard drive, as far as I remember. Although I could be wrong, of course, as I haven't studied winapi for a long time. And the purpose of getting the serial number may be simple: to identify a person through any terminal, any broker that uses MT, to view all trades in the market by this person.

registred >> :

Access to the source code is not necessary, the data transfer protocol specification will suffice. If gentlemen developers are honest, they should, in theory, provide this information to serious investors/traders, because it's about money, intellectual property, no one is going to play with toys in the market (although in new version ofMT it is possible), especially with money, so... As for disk formatting, along with the notion of a volume in the returned structure there is also the factory number of the hard drive, as far as I remember. Although I could be wrong, of course, as I haven't studied winapi for a long time. And the purpose of getting the serial number may be simple: identification of a person through any terminal, any broker that uses MT, to view all trades in the market by this person.

Digging into this topic at one time. You can't get the serial number through the api, you have to query through DeviceIoControl,

which is a platform dependent solution. Works for XP and 2000, not for others.

> If the developers are honest

It is the developers' decision, everything is closed now. Those who don't like it, use other software.

An industry standard is full openness, it's easier to protect. Microsoft is just now opening up the full

documentation on the encryption algorithms for the office while it's been about 10 years since the first versions.

Huh, funny subject - does MT steal users' disc serial numbers!
Reason: