what does artibration mean here?

Hi,

Can somebody please explain what is 80% and 0% arbitration as shows in the attached image?   to work with, Is this fellow clean?

Files:
Capture.JPG  17 kb

pcindia Hi,  Can somebody please explain what is 80% and 0% arbitration as shows in the attached image?   to work with, Is this fellow clean?

It means that there was a dispute and that either the customer or the developer requested that a moderator help resolve the dispute.

When the developer wins the dispute it will show on the green percentage and when the customer wins then it shows on the red percentage (against the developer).

In this case there were 5 disputes (requests for arbitration), and the developer lost 4 of them (80% of 5 = 4), and 1 of them is still under review.

Thanks Fernando,

so this fellow took 7 projects, six disputed, 5 he lost, one under review and Now I am the 8th fellow who hired him and will shortly be sending a complaint against him. could it be that this fellow is only collecting people's Indicators here to resell in the markets? 

with so many arbitrations against him, isn't he a delibrate defaulter?

pcindia #: so this fellow took 7 projects, six disputed, 5 he lost, one under review and Now I am the 8th fellow who hired him and will shortly be sending a complaint against him. could it be that this fellow is only collecting people's Indicators here to resell in the markets? with so many arbitrations against him, isn't he a delibrate defaulter?

No! He took 7 jobs, 5 were disputed of which he lost 4 (1 under review), and 2 of the jobs were overdue, but still managed to get 6 ratings with high marks.

As for you hiring him, those statistics were available to you before you selected him for the job. Why did you accept him with such low statistics?

I doubt he is selling the customers ideas on the Market, because in order to sell them he has to first code them properly and then pass the verification process on that code.

If he were doing that, then there would not be any major disputes because the code would have been produced and verified, at least in part.

Thanks Fernando, Perhaps you are right! However, he does get into problem with almost every clients, I am the latest one, on the suffering end ofcourse! 

pcindia #: Thanks Fernando, Perhaps you are right! However, he does get into problem with almost every clients, I am the latest one, on the suffering end ofcourse! 

Then you should have paid attention to his statistics and asked about arbitrations before selecting him as your developer.

Always do your research before making a decision!

so "I m the defaulter"

pcindia #so "I m the defaulter"

No! Both of you are responsible but for different reasons. He did not do his duty of coding it for you as agreed, and you did not do your research before selecting him.

Fernando Carreiro #:

No! He took 7 jobs, 5 were disputed of which he lost 4 (1 under review), and 2 of the jobs were overdue, but still managed to get 6 ratings with high marks.

As for you hiring him, those statistics were available to you before you selected him for the job. Why did you accept him with such low statistics?

I doubt he is selling the customers ideas on the Market, because in order to sell them he has to first code them properly and then pass the verification process on that code.

If he were doing that, then there would not be any major disputes because the code would have been produced and verified, at least in part.

This is not right, he has 7 completed projects ... the 5 arbitration (uncompleted project) means project that the customer and the developer did not close, for one reason or the other. Note: if a developer decides to close the project, probably something is too challenging, such is still reflected in his profile.

Seeing a 4.5 rating from 7 jobs means he knows what he doing, and not looking for your source code. Someone like him would have read a lot of codes making whatever you feel you are giving him inconsequential.

Thank-god Avwerosuoghene Odukudu #:
This is not right, he has 7 completed projects ... the 5 arbitration (uncompleted project) means project that the customer and the developer did not close, for one reason or the other. Note: if a developer decides to close the project, probably something is too challenging, such is still reflected in his profile.

Seeing a 4.5 rating from 7 jobs means he knows what he doing, and not looking for your source code. Someone like him would have read a lot of codes making whatever you feel you are giving him inconsequentia

he is in continuous problem with clients. and I too have a problem with him. There is a serious problem in him.My many days wasted, other coders Interest wasted, he's still not replied to my messages, let aloe sending the final product.

and here's how he started his introduction, images
Files:
Captureo.JPG  16 kb
Capture.JPG  26 kb
Capture1.JPG  26 kb
Reason: