AMD or Intel as well as the memory brand - page 3

kombat >> :

I meant the Core i7, which is regular ~10k and extreme ~30k.

They have different numbers. Extreme has 975 and 965.

=====

920, 940, 950 are not extreme.

If you meant engineering samples with unlocked coefficients (by the way, they've already started locking in those too), then you won't buy them for real money.

There's also the Black edition.

Here's an overclocked 975. The word Extrim is clearly present in the name of the stone. Question removed?

Speaking of prices and application. For MT (one copy) - one flow. If you race test/optimisation, it's mostly frequency dependent. The i7 has the same compute core as the Pentium. There are no virtual threads in the new Pentium but it was the Pentium where they first appeared! It is true that they were abandoned later on and returned in i7.

The price of the new 2-core Intel Pentium E6500K is under $90. And you can overclock it up like hell on a regular air cooler:

So think about it: do you need to overpay by a factor of 10 (even more!!!).

Svinozavr >> :

Here's the overclocked 975. The word Extrim is clearly in the stone's name. >> is that off the table?

And yes, because you can check it and it shows up in the test software,

and no, because you should know the face of the CPU in the shop...

;)

But I think the inscriptions are there.

If you mean the engineering samples with unlocked coefficients (by the way, they've already got locks in them too), you can't buy them for real money.

There's also the Black edition.

No, only the ones that are on sale of course...

And black union is the first time I've heard of it... >> I'll have to take a look.

By the way, they're on sale today:

Socket 1156 8Mb L3 QPI 4.8 GT/ s Intel® Core™ i7 2.80 Ghz (i7-860)
11 654р.

Think about it: do you need to overpay by a factor of 10 (even more!!!).

Hmm...

I've got three EA's running on a370\433\256mb slot.

And no buzz...

It's just time for an upgrade. Wanted to add more RAM to expand the services there,

but it turned out to be easier and more useful to upgrade, so my chosen Celeron 1.8gz and 2gb

will be enough to last me a long time... and anyway... I need to keep up with the times... at least half a step behind.

;)

kombat >> :

it'll be a long time in front of your eyes... and anyway... you have to keep up with the times... at least half a step behind.

;)

I'm using ITX with Atom 330 2GB Ram - power consumption ~30-40 Watts running 24x7. I haven't measured UPS-2500 power consumption yet, but I think it'll last for a long time. :)

Yeah. Extreme says 975

Again about the application. For EAs in runtime mode (not optimisation) anything reliable will do. I.e. not overclocked stone, standard memory timings (or server memory) and no discrete video card!!! Let it be on the board. The lower the consumption the better - the uninterruptible power supply will last longer. I.e. DTP preferably not higher than 50w, less is better.

Core speed and, to a lesser extent, memory bandwidth are needed for optimisation. All the rest, including the number of cores is not critical. You can, of course, split optimization into as many parts as there are cores and run as many terminals. Then buy an AMD server - 6 cores and soon even more. But do you need this hassle?

For other applications - well, it's up to you what you need.

kombat >> :

Yeah. It says 975 on the Extreme.

Of course it does. What were you expecting, Mickey Mouse?))

I thought you meant buying a system unit where looking at the stone cover is problematic.

Yes. And Black Edition is the unlocked odds means. In the name of the stone they are marked with a "K" at the end. For example, the same Intel Pentium E6500K.
Reason: