Why does any strategy only work successfully for a limited time and then stop working? - page 5

Svinozavr писал(а) >>

Answer yourself the question: what is common to all times and instruments...

... then pile up all the 'optimised' ones, assign them areas to dig and - let them dig... all that's left is to determine who digs at what point in time... but that's purely technical... the question is... after we build "optimized strategies" in one EA... can we call the last built EA "strategy"? I think that's what this discussion was all about... wasn't it!?

coaster >> :

Very interested in Tesla. I think the following:

Energy in our underdeveloped civilisation is associated with the consumption of material resources. Tesla, on the other hand, was trying to make the point that it is not worth getting hung up on. According to the law of conservation of energy - energy cannot disappear into nothingness - it transforms from one kind to another (kinetic, potential, electrical, thermal, magnetic and many undiscovered types of energy). All we need is to learn how to transform the flows from the raging universal energy ocean towards our energy needs. This is quite realistic, but capitalism has enough power to withstand its own demise. After all, if there are inexhaustible sources of energy, no one will pay for it anymore. There will be robots, full automation of agriculture and beyond - as far as one can imagine. The era will change (the capitalist system will be replaced by a new one). But this cannot yet be given to savage and constantly warring people. First, the culture must change. The higher human qualities must prevail. Only then it will be for the greater good. Now I think: will this global change pass with or without blood (i.e. wars for the last resources)? If yes, then we will return to the Stone Age. If science and culture prevail over capitalism, the third millennium may well invite us in for the long haul.

duck all geniuses are simple.

In fact, we've been using the perpetual motion machine - the hydroelectric power plant - for a long time now, haven't we? Sometimes it breaks down... well, we'll fix it.

sab1uk писал(а) >> and tesla was just a humble super genius ahead of his time.

There's no point in worshipping - everything is mortal in this world.......

Mathemat писал(а) >>
>> Heh heh. And the weird thing is, it's not just boys that are doing it, but girls too. What a world...

Emancipation is upon us! The men don't know!

LeoV >> :

What are the "everlasting values" of forex?

What do you mean by "low profit"?

Sorry, but the answer to the question "what is common to all times and instruments?" is LOVE! Isn't it? ))))

!!!))) I've been waiting for that "about love". By the way, this also goes to the issue of determinism.)))

What do you have in common? Well okay, what catches your eye when you look at a quote chart? Anyone.

The wave nature of the movement of quotations. The presence of trends, which are known to be an upward or downward movement of extremums (peaks / troughs). What, you say, is "not common"?

The inertia of the market lies in its nature. All TA is based on it, by the way. And no one prevents to measure the current total volatility in order to determine the scale of movements, fluctuations, trends - it is to the question of the adaptivity. But this is a technical detail.

There are always trends.

That's just to make a long story short...

Svinozavr писал(а) >> There are always trends tc.

That's just to make a long story short...

All that remains is to determine where the trend begins and where it ends. What is a trend and what is a flat? The eternal question....)))

LeoV >> :

3. Do you know specific examples of perpetual TCs, or are these just your assumptions?

timbo >> :

Yes, of course. Anticipating the next question, I answer right away - e.g. buy-and-hold on stocks or indices.

Angela >> :

Emancipation is upon us! And men don't know!

I don't mind, actually. It's just not at all characteristic of girls, as they are much more practical than boys - in Foreh. They are not starry-eyed and do not ask global questions about the nature of the market. And so I thought: maybe Forex is so much male domain, that it changes thinking and character of girls to its own way?

timbo >> :

you mean dividends on stocks and index shares (DIAMONDS etc.) ?

LeoV >> :

All that remains is to determine where the trend begins and where it ends. What is a trend and what is a flat? The eternal question ....))

>> Uh-huh. Another eternal value! ))) What a parsley mystery in the French manner (Polichinelle).

What is a trend? I think I gave a definition in the post. (By the way, many people simply cannot define a trend - I checked it once, but they discuss synapses, market spectra and God knows what else.)

Within the current trading range you determine that there are significant fluctuations (the threshold in the zigzag as a function of volatility, for example, to visualize this), and then in accordance with the definition of the trend. However, I am repeating myself. Of course it is not the only way and not even the best one. But again these are details.

Flat - well, it is clear. - Or do you also need a definition?

Reason: