The second sacred cow: "Grow profits, cut losses" - page 23

Until you see the process in action and understand how it works, you won't understand what they mean when they mean "grow...", even many of those who are "in the mainstream" may not know the true meaning behind the phrase. Peter, by the way, has rarely spoken in substance here. But on the other hand, no one will lay out all the details, "get it all yourself", but the hints are sound, and I think everyone has memorized the basic principles (share, average profit> average loss), but even knowing these factors it is difficult to start the process. The possibility of this process is quite large, here is a chart of shorts from 99 till about mid-10th year (I got it from the pantry, of course it is a fitting - one of the best results obtained in the year when I was doing tests) Almost the same results can be obtained with simple machines. On the other hand this is far from the ceiling.

storm:

Until you see the process in action... you don't know what they mean when they mean "grow up..."

It's in the case, not in the tester -- only then will you understand what they mean when they mean "grow..." -- otherwise it's nothing more than a toy, a tester toy.

And it's not a treatment at all -- it's the truth.

Let's assume that by the TS we open to buy. "Cut the losses" would mean to put a fixed stop immediately. And if let's say the price goes in our direction - we don't close it either with tear or take anything. we just wait till the price reaches the maximum and creates the opposite signal, which characterizes the situation as reverse. i.e. it already makes sense to sell and we close buy, since we "gave profit to go for broke" and open sell. and so on ..... Could this situation fulfil the golden rule?

LLIAMAH:
Let's assume that by the TS we open to buy. "Cut the losses" would mean to put a fixed stop immediately. And if let's say the price goes in our direction - we don't close it either with tear or take anything. we just wait till the price reaches the maximum and creates the opposite signal, which characterizes the situation as reverse. i.e. it already makes sense to sell and we close buy, since we "gave profit to go for broke" and open sell. and so on ..... Could this situation fulfil the golden rule?

In this case you will flip not only on a reversal, but also on every correction (there are many more than reversals).

joo:

And then there's the "stupid" rookie questions, like:

1. "Uh, I entered by buy, put a stop of 20 pips and a take of 100 pips. "But the price didn't make it to the take 1 pip and it went down, down, down. Till it ate my stop. Where's my mistake? Yes, I read Gogglebeard's posts, but it's still not clear where this profit should be fixed.

2. "I read posts of exchange experts, they clearly and distinctly repeat day after day - buy cheap and sell expensively. But I'm doing it and I'm not making any profit - I sell at the top - but it turns out I'm trading against the trend! Where is my mistake?

However, directly or indirectly, all other questions, apart from the first, arise from this, the first goddamn one.

It's not a mistake, it's an error.

You should have taken 99 pt.

tara:

Not a mistake, an oversight.

You should have taken 99 pt.

99 wouldn't have been given, they'd have been censured. You should have taken 98.

Mischek:

There it is, the influence of the "holiday" ))

Paukas, you... Don't come out here until Monday.

When we have a unity holiday, we need someone to blame. Why? I don't know. But it's been like that for a long time.

Oh, come on. I'm like that man Occam's razor, I come on this forum, I'm gonna start chipping away at the bullshit. Bearded bullshit is the most eye-catching.

Can you answer my "childish" questions? - Well, as an old friend, since no one else wants to.

moskitman:

You looked better in the clown mask.

Andrei, are you sure you know what you're talking about?

I'm ready to shoehorn "you" into a sheath of "you" if you're not ready to switch to "you".

Senkayu, verimattch.

joo:

In what cases (and in what combinations of SL and TP) is the probability of SL equal to 1 (excluding degenerate cases)?

The same question about TP.

PS Oh, and one more thing. Regardless of whether buy or sell, the probability of SL(TP) execution is equal to 1.

These questions? I don't know, Andrew. I don't understand them.

I'll clean up the thread, it's getting pretty Friday...

Mathemat:

These questions? I don't know, Andrew. I don`t understand them.

Yes.

Mathemat:

And I'll clean up the thread, it's going to be a tough Friday...

That's right.

There's a category of people who don't exist anywhere else in this land of Russia. - Oh'/'/'/'/'/ '/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'/'' smart, smarter than everyone else, like everyone else, you're stupid. /...fall off the 5th floor... what?

Everyone, to the extent of their depravity, classifies themselves there or not there. "And some don't live long enough to be ruined".

But, everyone will think, why not me, why not my /dick/ in that beauty on the white sand? The answer is simple - you should have put a pip less on the take!

Moderator, would you be so kind as to correct the post so as to make sense to the masses, and at the same time not to offend them.

Thank you.

Reason: